Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Statewide–For Small & Starting Co-ops/Private Buying Clubs:
- Meadow Ridge Farm: web: www.myrealfoods.com/MeadowRidgeFarm – click on “Register” to see products and prices and learn how to become a member; email Linda: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 717-530-5999. Meadow Ridge Farm in Newburg, PA, will ship goat/lamb meat & goat dairy products weekly via insulated/ice-packed FedEx Ground delivery (minimum order of $40 plus shipping charges based on weight). A private membership association welcoming new members, goat & lamb meat are 100% grass-fed & finished. Dairy goats are pastured & supplemented with organic hay, minerals, and a small amount of GMO-free/soy-free organic sprouted grains. Goat milk & dairy products are made with 100% percent raw milk. Goat yogurt is cultured at 110 degrees. Chevre, hard cheeses, and 11-strain custom probiotic goat drink are heated to only 86 degrees.
Arab: Kirkland Farm, phone: 256-586-2360; email: email@example.com. Raw goat’s milk for pet consumption, kefir, yogurt, and homemade lye soap.
Bay Minette: Rockin C Ranch, Travis and Kristin Conner, phone: 417-464-2585, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: www.facebook.com/rockincranchal They have a small herd of mostly Nubian goats, fed a combination of 16 percent goat feed, oats, beet pulp and peanut hay. Raw goat milk $6/half gallon or $10/gallon. Available in some local stores: Robertsdale Feed Store, County Wagon in Spanish Fort and Seasons in the Sun in Spanish Fort. Available to make weekly or biweekly trips to Mobile to deliver.
Boaz: Circle G Farm, Brendan & Karen, Arley Lacey Rd., phone: (256) 660-1566, email:
BibleStudents@gmail.com. Facebook: Circle G Farm. Real raw milk from Jersey cows and registered Oberhasli goats. In compliance with Alabama state law, our milk is sold to the public for pet/ livestock consumption. They also sell cream by the quart, sweet-cream butter by the pound, and hard and soft cheeses made from our cow and goat milk. All milk is hand-milked, immediately strained and is quickly bottled and chilled, sold within 24 hours of purchase. Purchases are by arrangement/appointment only, They do not have a store-front and supply is very limited and needs to be coordinated so everyone gets the freshest product possible. Please bring your own glass jar(s), or buy their new half-gallon reusable glass jars at $4/ea. Raw Jersey cow milk is $6/gallon, raw Oberhasli goat milk is $7/gallon. Fresh cream is $8/quart, and both fresh butter and cheeses are $8/pound.
Cullman: Happy Hollow Farm, (off Co. Rd. 940 in Jones Chapel community), phone: 205-641-9555, email: email@example.com. Offering two options for raw milk: 1) Through AL Commercial Feed License, for pet consumption. 2) Milk and other products available through herd share program. Their Jersey cows are fed only non-GMO feed.
Daphne: Three Dog Farms, Russ Donald, phone: 251-518-1359. One hundred percent all natural goat milk. Three Dog’s goats are all purebred Nubian, ADGA certified milkers with great genetics. They are fed a non-GMO grain supplement made exclusively at Three Dog Farms when they are not grazing on quality forage planted specially for Three Dog Goats. Three Dog will gladly blind taste test its product. Pasteurized/non-pasteurized. Cheeses, and yogurts.
Elberta: Raw cheese available from Sweet Home Farm.
Empire: Northern Lights Farm, Intha Rafadin, 173 Fowler Road, Empire AL. Phone: 205-266-0746, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook. Free-range chickens and brown eggs, raw goat milk for pet consumption, homemade lye soap and lotions, meat goats available.
Foley: Udder Obsession Farm, Patrick Donovan, 15196 Highland Circle, Foley, AL, 36535, phone: 251-923-6030, email: email@example.com, Facebook: udderobsessionfarm. A small herd of Nubians and Saanans. Most registered with milking stars. Pasteurized or raw milk for sale. Must be labeled “not for human consumption”. Milk is sold locally to farmers markets in the area. Goats are fed grain and have 100+ acres for grazing. Grain is supplemented with sunflowers and sun hemp.
Hartselle: Jeff Ledlow, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small farm selling raw milk and milk products for pet consumption only. Email for more info. $5 jar deposit on first visit; return it clean and deposit is reduced to $3.
Hillsboro: Lil’ Hill Farm, Bruce and Sandie Terry, phone: 256-974-1693, email: sanderterry@gmail, web: www.lilhillfarm.com. Sells Nigerian Dwarf goats’ milk. In compliance with Alabama state law, milk is sold to the public for animal use only.
Horton: Heartsong Acres, Shelly and Craig Johnson, 346 Nixon Chapel Douglas Rd. Horton, AL, phone: 256-558-1163 or 256-878-0187, email: email@example.com. Facebook: heartsongacres. They have Jersey milk cows and dairy goats. All of the animals are treated as pets. Milk is sold for pet consumption only. There is a $5 deposit for gallon jars the first time you buy, but if you bring it back clean, the deposit will go down to $3 per jar. The price for cows milk is $4 per gallon and goats milk is $5 when available. They do not offer tours. Please call before driving out. Milk pick up is at Sand Mountain Marine and Motorworks. Store hours are Tuesday – Friday 9 – 6, and Saturday 9 – 3. If you need to pick up milk at a different time please contact them to set it up ahead of time.
Huntsville: Woodser Family Farm, Terri Woods, phone: 256-701-0288, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small goat farm – all Nubians raw goat milk, $4/quart. Raw chèvre, $6 for approx. 4 oz. roll.
Meridianville: Dusty J Farms, Jordon Jones, phone: 931-625-7224, email: email@example.com. Jersey cows. Primarily grass fed. Raw milk for animal consumption.
Mount Hope: Bit O’ Hope Dairy Goat Farm, Beverly Fike, Mount Hope, AL 35651, phone: 256-974-3707/256-476-5206, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.bitohopedairygoatfarm.com. Facebook: bitohopedairygoatfarm. They sell Nigerian Dwarf goats’ milk ($8/gallon), cheese, and personal care products (soaps and lotions), all made from raw goat milk. They feed non-GMO only. In compliance with Alabama state law, milk and cheese is sold to the public for animal and livestock consumption only. Purchases made by appointment only.
Piedmont: My Dad & Me Family Farm, 463 Pike Road, Piedmont AL 36272; phone: 256-492-7066, web: mydadandmefamilyfarm.com. Sixty-two acre family farm selling raw Jersey milk under Alabama’s pet milk label near Hokes Bluff, east of Gadsden. Their 100 percent grass-fed Jersey cows are rotationally grazed on fresh grass and supplemented with hay or organic alfalfa pellets if necessary (no grain whatsoever). They also sell pastured eggs from their laying hens and Freedom Ranger broiler meat chickens both of which are fed only certified organic, soy-free, GMO-free chicken feed. Grass-fed beef, pastured pork, skin care products, baked goods, raw honey, and farm fresh produce in season are also available in their on-farm Farm Store. For more information visit their website. Enter your name and email address on their home page and click to confirm you want to receive their e-mails. This will provide you with a ‘welcome email’ with more info about purchasing from their farm.
Selma: Oldesouth Farm, contact Terry Babb by phone: 334-327-9252, or email: email@example.com. You can also visit their website at oldesouth.citymax.com. Nigerian Dwarf Goats. Raw Nigerian Dwarf Goat Milk for Animal Usage Only.
Slocomb: Alabama’s Organic Dairy Products, LLC. Alabama’s First Certified Organic Dairy Farm. Working Cows Dairy located at 5539 North State Hwy 103, Slocomb AL 36375. For more information contact them by phone at 334-886-3839 or visit their website at workingcowsdairy.com. They do low temperature pasteurized milk but not homogenize. They sell at the farm gallons, half gallons and chocolate milk all this is USDA Organic grass fed, cream rising. Visit their website for stores around Alabama where their products can be found, please enjoy.
Verbena: Milkin 4 Us, Sherry and Bruce Wells, email: milkin4us@ wildblue.net, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Milkin4us?fref=ts. Raw goat milk for animal consumption, Nubian and Kinders goat kids for sale. Will offer cheese, soaps and other products as time allows.