Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Statewide–For Small & Starting Co-ops/Private Buying Clubs:
- Miller’s Biodiversity Farm PMA Phone: 717-806-0392, ext. 1. email: millerbiodiversityfarm@gmail.
com, web: millersbiofarm.com. Private club members only. 100 percent grass-fed. Real nutrient-dense products directly from the farmer. Looking for dropsites and buying clubs in CT. Willing to be a vendor at your workshop or conference. Products: raw grass-fed milk – cow, goat, sheep and camel, raw yogurt – cow, goat and sheep, raw kefir – cow, goat and sheep, raw cheese – cow, goat and sheep, raw cream, sour cream, cottage cheese w/cream, butter, ice cream; pasture raised meats – beef, pork and soy-free poultry, soy-free fertile pastured eggs, beef suet, tallow, pork fat, lard, beef and chicken stocks, cultured vegetables, homemade breads, soaked/dried nuts and seeds, raw honey, maple syrup, kombucha, beet kvass. To contact them about starting a new drop site, please call and leave a message.
Bethel: Holbrook Farm, John Holbrook, 45 Turkey Plain Road, Bethel CT 06801; phone: 203-792-0561, web: holbrookfarm.net. Raw milk available.
Bozrah: Brush Hill Dairy, Sarah Brush, 76 Brush Hill Rd, Bozrah CT 06334; phone: 860-859-3026; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw cow’s milk and fresh eggs for sale on the farm and at at Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm in Sterling.
Branford: Four Seasons Market, 875 West Main Street, phone: 203-488-4248. Sells Foxfire Farm milk.
Bridgewater: Nature View Farm, Felice Martin, Bridgewater, CT 06752. Phone: 860-355-3276. She raises and milks a growing herd of Holstein and Jersey cows. The animals are treated without hormones. The cows are raised on pasture, hay, and non-GMO grains. $5/half gallon and $8/gallon. Milk bottled fresh everyday into BPA-free containers. Farm store is right on the farm, just off of Rt. 67 in Bridgewater. It is open every day from 10 am-6 pm. Call anytime and someone will return the phone call as soon as possible, if it should go unanswered. Felice does consider delivery to retail stores in CT. Call for details. Currently, raw milk from Nature View Farm is sold at Caraluzzi’s Georgetown Market in Wilton, Caraluzzi’s Bethel Food Market in Bethel, Caraluzzi’s Newtown Market in Newtown, Northville Market in Northville, New Morning in Woodbury, Chamomile in Danbury, Sullivan Farm Stand in New Milford, right at the farm in Bridgewater, and the list is constantly growing. Call to see if Nature View’s Raw Milk is sold in a store near you. Thank you for supporting local! (stop by also for heirloom and organic veggies grown right on the farm from June-November)
Brooklyn: Meadow Stone Farm LLC, 199 Hartford Road, Brooklyn CT 06234; phone: 860-617-2982; web: meadowstonefarm.com. Farmstead cheeses, pasture-fed raw Saanen goat milk, raw goat milk skin care products. Milk available at the Farm Shoppe Thursdays/Saturdays 1:30 – 6:30, closed January & February. Milk also available at Harvest Moon in Putnam and Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm in Sterling.
Canterbury: Baldwin Brook Farm, Chris and Mavis Newton; phone: 860-546-2137 or 401-419-1214; email: email@example.com; web: baldwinbrookfarm.com. State licensed raw milk from Jersey cows. Bottled in glass half-gallons and quarts. Call to confirm availability and schedule pick-up time. Closed Thursdays and Sundays. Note: Their raw milk is also sold in most local IGA stores and the Willimantic Food Co-op. EBT is accepted for raw milk in these stores, including for the bottle deposits.
- Local Farm, by appointment only. Phone: 860-672-0229, web: rlocalfarm.com.
- Stone Wall Dairy, LLC, Chris Hopkins, 332 Kent Road South (Rte 7), Cornwall Bridge CT 06754; phone: 860-248-0332. web: stonewalldairyfarmct.com. RT 7, 3 miles south of Cornwall Bridge. State licensed raw milk from Jersey cows available at the farm and at many local stores.
Coventry: Highland Park Market, 1721 Boston Turnpike Coventry, CT 06238. Sells raw milk from Baldwin Brook Farm (see listing under Canterbury).
Danbury: Chamomille sells Foxfire Farm milk; see Mansfield Center listing.
Darien: Trader Joe’s sells raw milk cheese. Web: traderjoes.com.
Durham: Deerfield Farm sells state-certified raw Jersey milk and yogurt from the farm. Pick up Saturdays 8-12 or call Melynda at 860-301-7828 for alternate pick-up times. Their raw milk is also sold at Brock’s Farm Market, Main St., Durham. See DeerfieldFarm.org for more information.
East Lyme: Bright and Beautiful Homestead, LLC, phone: 860-885-8548, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.folkmagicsoaps.com, Facebook: www.facebook.com/folkmagicsoaps. Grass-fed Nubian goat’s milk $8 per 1/2 gallon. Fresh or frozen. Call for pickup details.
Falls Village: Rustling Wind Creamery, Joan Lamothe, 148 Canaan Mountain Road; phone: 860-824-7084; web: rustlingwind.com. Raw milk and raw milk cheeses.
Guilford: Foodworks sells Foxfire Farm milk; see Mansfield Center listing.
Greenwich (on the CT border with NY state; 40 minutes from New York City): Yaron Seidman L.Ac.,M.He.; phone: 203-228-4715; email: email@example.com. Raw milk available to co-op groups.
Lisbon: Green Market, LLC, 17 River Road, Lisbon CT; phone: 860-376-2765. Raw Jersey cow milk from Baldwin Brook Farm sold in half-gallon and quart glass bottles (see Canterbury listing).
Litchfield: Meadow Ridge Farm, 277 Beach St, Litchfield CT 06759; phone: 860-567-9537. Open 7 days a week, self service, half-gallon, gallon, fresh eggs, bulk quantities available.
Manchester: CCC Farm Stand and Market, 35 Oakland St, Manchester CT, 06042, phone: 860-647-9384, email: Store@cccfeeds.com, web: cccfeeds-farmsupplies.com, Facebook. The stand is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 3pm. The farm providing milk to CCC Farm Stand is Buttercup Farm in Sterling, Connecticut, owned and operated by Megan Johnson, who milks Jersey and Guernsey cattle feeding them an 80% grass diet and keeping them on pasture year around. Milk is delivered to the farm stand every Monday.
Mansfield Center: Foxfire Farm, Elisa Santee, phone: 860-455-0739. Jersey milk, sold in the following stores: Chamomille (Danbury), New Morning (Woodbury), The Willimantic Food Co-op (Willimantic), Edge of the Woods (New Haven), Foodworks (Old Saybrook and Guilford), Orchard Hill Market (Branford). No on-farm sales.
Milford: The Villa Gourmet, 11 River Street, Milford; phone: 203-878-8646; email: linda@theVillaGourmet.com; web: thevillagourmet.com. Raw milk with no added hormones or antibiotics (from Baldwin Brook Farm in Canterbury CT), local eggs, local grass-fed beef, raw milk cheeses.
New Haven: Edge of the Woods, 379 Whalley Ave, (nearest cross-street is Norton), New Haven CT 06511; phone: 203-787-1055. Raw Jersey milk from Foxfire Farm (see Mansfield Center listing).
New London: Fiddleheads Natural Foods Cooperative, 13 Broad Street New London CT 06320; web: FiddleheadsFood.coop. Raw cow’s milk from Brush Hill Dairy, Bozrah and raw goat’s milk from Beltane Farm, Lebanon.
Norwich: Gingerroot Natural Foods, 205 West Thames, Norwich CT; phone: 860-889-8720. Raw Jersey cow milk from Baldwin Brook Farm sold in half-gallon and quart glass bottles (see Canterbury listing). Weekly delivery; must be ordered beforehand. Call to place order.
Old Saybrook: Foodworks sells Foxfire Farm milk; see Mansfield Center listing.
Oxford: Rich’s Farm, Don Rich, Rt 67 Oxford CT; phone: 203-888-6212. Raw milk.
Plainfield: Rising Moon Natural Foods, LLC, 708 Norwich Road, Plainfield CT; phone: 860-564-4811. Raw Jersey cow milk from Baldwin Brook Farm sold in half-gallon and quart glass bottles (see Canterbury listing).
Ridgefield: Nature’s Temptations, 32 Prospect Street Ridgefield CT 06877; phone: 203-438-5443; web: naturestemptations.com. Stone Wall Dairy from Cornwall Bridge.
Sterling: Buttercup Farm, Megan Johnson, 260 Main St., Sterling CT; phone: 860-564-4357. Buttercup farm is a small grass-based dairy located in NE CT offering raw milk from Guernsey and Jersey cows. Sold in glass half-gallons through the on-farm store. Hours 7am-7pm, 7 days/week. Tours and visitors welcome.
Westport: Double L Market, 730 Post Road East, Westport CT 06880; phone: 203-557-4705; web: doublelmarket.com. Raw milk available on special orders 7 days a week.
Willimantic: Willimantic Food Co-op, 91 Valley St, Willimantic CT 06226; phone: 860-456-3611; web: willimanticfood.coop. Carries raw milk, delivered weekly. Sells raw cow milk from Baldwin Brook Farm (see Canterbury listing) and raw goat milk from Beltane Farm in Lebanon. Goat milk is seasonal; generally available in the spring, summer, and fall.
Woodbury: New Morning Country Market sells Foxfire Farm milk; see Mansfield Center listing.