Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Addison / Elmhurst Area: Honored Prairie, web: illinois.honoredprairie.com, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Arcola: Rockome Garden Foods, phone: 217-268-4107, email: email@example.com. Small operation making raw milk cheese from grass-fed Jersey cow milk and grass-fed goat milk obtained from a local Amish farm that does not use drugs or antibiotics. Full cream Cheddar, Havarti, and Chevre cheeses, drinkable yogurt with natural sweeteners, and low-heat pasteurized cow and goat milk available
Athens: Stevens’ Family Farm, Craig and Stacey Stevens, 27281 Janssen Ave., Athens IL 62613 (just outside of Springfield), phone: 217-415-5733. They raise Nubian, Saanen, and Kinder dairy goats and sell raw milk, cheese, and yogurt. You must bring your own containers to pick up. Goats are mainly pasture/hay fed with supplementation of alfalfa pellets/sweet feed during milking only. From the farmer: “We do not recommend the consumption of any unpasteurized dairy products but it’s great for your kids.”
Aurora / Naperville Area: Honored Prairie, web: illinois.honoredprairie.com, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Barrington: Gypsy Goat Ranch, Natasha Carlsen, 3270 Spring Creek Rd, Barrington, IL 60010, Call/text: 847-246-2516, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw Jersey cow milk and raw goat milk available. Animals are grazed on organic pasture, fed hay in the winter and have free choice minerals. Cows get four lbs. of certified organic, soy-free, GMO-free, grain per day. Goats get 1-2 lbs per day. No antibiotics, chemical wormers, or hormones.
Animals are milked once a day, the milk is kept in stainless steel or glass containers.
Barry / West Central Area: Faithful Farm, Linus & Brenda Gingerich and family, 82E 2600th St., Barry IL 62312, phone: 217-336-4036. Raw milk, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, butter, and cream from Grade A dairy cows (Dutch Belted, Jersey, Milking Shorthorn and Guernsey) grazing on pastures and forage. Cow shares are available. Also, goat milk and goat milk products, brown eggs from a flock of soy-free pastured hens and broiler chickens, and turkeys in the fall for Thanksgiving.
Bloomington: Dearing Country Farms, Brad and Jackie Dearing, 16410 N 800 East Rd, phone: 309-963-4932, web: dearingcountryfarms.com. Milk from Nubian and LaMancha goats, grown on the farmstead using sustainable practices and following organic standards. Members of Certified Naturally Grown. Call to schedule a pickup and bring own container as to comply with IL law.
Carlyle: McConauchie Manor Farm, Dr. David and Lynnette Mooth, phone: 314-699-4430, email: Farm@McManor.com, web: McManor.com. Serving St. Louis, Metro-East and Southern IL. Naturally raised, pasture-grazed Jersey and Guernsey cows & Nubian goats. Other grass-fed livestock products, tree fruits, berries, fresh produce, Clydesdale horses. No antibiotics, hormones, pasture chemicals. Milk prices $4/half gallon - this is unprocessed milk with natural cream. Farm is located 35 miles from Metro-east area, 50 miles from St. Louis.
Champaign-Urbana: Joy of Illinois Farm, Les and Penny Gioja, 1689 CR 400E, phone: 217-863-2758. Raw goat milk available by the season or half-season share, or by the quart, from Saanen/Alpine Goats. The goats are on pasture spring, summer, and fall, and get hay (from the farm) in winter, plus some grain at milking time. Milk is put in glass quart canning jars. Season for goat milk is March-November; call for availability.
- Springfield/Kankakee/Bloomington: Golden Guernsey of Illinois, Richard and Kelly Boge and family, Chatsworth, IL, phone: 608-449-5491 (cell), email@example.com, web: iloverawmilk.com. Serving Chicago area and western suburbs. Raw Guernsey milk, yogurt. Pastured soy free eggs supplied by Walnut Acres (Dixon, IL) Raw honey supplied from Bill’s Beez. Grass-fed beef, whole broiler chickens provided by Millie’s Corner Farm, (Fairbury, IL). No hormones or antibiotics used. 30 plus acres of lush pastures, with milking cows rotated every 2-3 days. In winter months supplemented with organic hay. Call, text or email with any questions or pricing information. All information of pick up times/days are on our website.
- South Pork Ranch, phone: 815-419-5692, web: south-pork-ranch.com and midlifefarmwife.blogspot.com. Raw cow milk, $6/gallon. You must bring your own container. The farm is Certified Organic by MOSA and the cows are 100% grass-fed. No grain, hormones or antibiotics used. Call for an appointment or for more information
- Family Farms Cooperative, Richard Hebron, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: 269-476-8883. Raw milk products (milk, cream, butter) are now available through a cowshare program. Deliveries are made once every four weeks to Aurora, West Dundee, Forest Park, Highland Park, Edgewater, DesPlaines, and Schaumburg. Email Richard for more details.
- Fresh from the Farm Cooperative, Sheri Giachetto, email: email@example.com, phone: 630-257-9092. Provides local, organic, farm-sourced raw dairy, meats, and produce. Began in May 2001 as a result of the family’s pursuit for high-quality food directly from the farmer/producer. Array of foods from various providers include raw milk, cream, and other raw dairy products; organic grass-fed beef and pork; pastured chickens and eggs; raw honey and bee pollen; and organic produce in the summer months, all from local, independent, organic farmers. Weekly pickups Homer Glen, Winfield, Chicago, South Holland, and Palatine. Currently serving more than 120 families from the Chicago metro area. New members welcome; contact Sheri with any questions.
- Pasture’s Delights, website, social media, pickup locations, email, cell: 260-458-1040. Raw Milk – Ayrshire Cow and Nubian/Toggenburg Goats.
- Chicago, East: Pasture’s Delights, web: pasturesdelights.com, phone: 260-458-1040. Raw milk delivery location.
- Golden Guernsey of Illinois, Richard and Kelly Boge and family, Chatsworth, IL, phone: 608-449-5491 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org, web: iloverawmilk.com. Serving Chicago area and western suburbs. Raw Guernsey milk, yogurt. Pastured soy free eggs supplied by Walnut Acres (Dixon, IL) Raw honey supplied from Bill’s Beez. Grass-fed beef, whole broiler chickens provided by Millie’s Corner Farm, (Fairbury, IL). No hormones or antibiotics used. 30 plus acres of lush pastures, with milking cows rotated every 2-3 days. In winter months supplemented with organic hay. Call, text or email with any questions or pricing information. All information of pick up times/days are on our website. See additional listings under Barrington and Chatsworth/Central IL
- Chicagoland/Barrington Area: Barrington Natural Farms, McConville Family, 7 Crawling Stone Road, Barrington Hills IL 60010, email: email@example.com, phone: 847-387-3568, web: bn-farms.com. Raw Guernsey milk, 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised pork and chicken, and free-range eggs. The Guernsey cows are on pasture every day, all day, with their pasture diet supplemented with hay and a Certified Organic grain mix fed only at milking time. Chickens are raised on rotated pasture forages supplemented with soy-free organic grain mix. Angus beef are fed 100% grass and hay, never any grain. Call or email with questions, go to the website for pricing and ordering information.
- Chicagoland/Wheaton/Naperville: MooGrass Farms Inc., web: moograssfarms.com , phone: 1-888-COW-5789, fax 1-888-269-5789, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private farm club providing local, farm-sourced raw dairy products (cow, goat, sheep). Their dairy cows are 100% grain free. They offer 100% grass-fed and finished pastured beef, pork, and lamb; pastured chicken; pastured eggs; raw butter, cream, yogurt, and cheese; seasonal produce; more. No hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides are used.
- Cortland: Nadig Family Farm, John and Charlotte Nadig, 9N Loves Rd., Cortland IL 60112, phone: 815-748-3782, email: email@example.com, web: nadigfamilyfarm.com. 100% grass-fed raw milk and raw Guernsey milk supplemented with organic grain, available for pick-up from the farm with your own container. Pastured/forage-fed with the Guernseys getting a small amount of organic grain at milking time. Also available: grass-fed beef, grass-fed lamb, natural pork, pastured chicken, pastured turkey, pastured eggs, and wool/fiber all raised on farm. Visits are welcomed.
Dekalb/Rochelle: Precious Pastures, Emily and Claire Plapp, 387 S Malta Road, Rochelle, IL, 61068, phone: 815-757-4128, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.preciouspastures.com, Facebook: PreciousPastures. Jersey and Guernsey cows, allowed access to large pasture during summer, fed certified organic oats and hay. Milk and colostrum, $7 each for 1-4 gallons, $6 each for 5-9 gallons, and $5 each for 10+ gallons. Please call ahead to reserve your milk or colostrum. We have milk routes set to go into Chicago.
Dixon: Windsweep Farm, Renee Sheaffer, 320 Palmyra Rd, Dixon IL 61021, email: email@example.com, phone: 815-973-3224, Facebook. Owned and operated by Sheaffer family for over 70 years, now on their fourth generation. They milk Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, and Holstein, which graze during the growing season and receive a homegrown diet year round. No hormones or antibiotics are used, except antibiotics to help with the recovery from illness or injury, during which time that cow’s milk is discarded. Milk can be picked up daily at the farm; please provide your own containers and call 24 hours ahead to schedule pickup. Naturally raised, pastured beef, pork, lamb, goat, chicken, and eggs are also raised on the farm and available for purchase. Now selling mixed milk or by breed (Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, and Jersey) and quarts of cream.
Elizabeth: Creators Choice, Deborah Rodriguez and Peter Bratko, 3535 Headquarters Rd, Elizabeth IL, phone: 815-312-0912, email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org. This farm near Galena milks one grass-fed Jersey heifer. Raw milk $10/gallon (glass jars provided for $2), butter $5/half-pound. Ten one-gallon slots are available per week. Also available is goat milk at $15/gallon (glass jars provided for $2), goat butter $5/half-pound, goat cheese (cottage, yogurt, cream, sweet and brick) $7/half-pound. Eggs are $3/dozen. They also have Bartlett and Bosc pears grown without chemicals. The farm will also raise your beef, lamb, or turkey. Currently they have four beef cattle (9 months old as of 8/2012) and sell for less than high-end grocery stores. They request 24 hours notice for pick up. Call for directions.
Frankfort / Joliet Area: Honored Prairie, web: illinois.honoredprairie.com, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Lake/McHenry County Area: Briar Hill, Wauconda, IL, phone: 847-526-9536, email: email@example.com. Small family farm that has fresh farm products available from livestock and poultry that are grazing freely around the farm during the day and being fed high quality hay and oats as supplement to their diet. Products available include brown chicken and duck eggs from their flock of free range hens for your table or hatching, as well Icelandic fleece wool, peacock feathers, and live or dressed USDA processed and packed Muscovy duck, chicken, guinea, goose and sweet grass turkey, may be available for purchase. No corn, soy, wheat, growth hormones, antibiotics, animal byproducts, or pesticides are used on their farm and they use only organic fertilizers to fortify the fields. All products can be picked up daily at the farm, and Cheese & Hard Cider Workshops are held on a regular basis. They only accept farm visits by appointment, please call 24 hours ahead for further information and to schedule pickup.
LaSalle County, Serena: Alpine Marketing & Sales Inc., 4060 E. 2351st Rd., phone: 815-496-3906, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. On Hoxey Road, 3.5 miles North of Route 23, or 7.5 miles south of Somonauk, Illinois. Registered Herd of alpine dairy goats. Goat milk, cheese and eggs availalbe, April-October.
Lemont: See Chicago area Fresh from the Farm Co-op managed by Sheri Giachetto, email: email@example.com.
Liberty/West Central IL: Zanger’s Wholesome Prairie, Joe and Laura Zanger, phone: 217-430-9884, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pasture-fed Guernsey cows, dirt-raised pork, free range chickens, honeybees, and occasionally pasture-fed beef. Products include: raw milk, cheeses, yogurt, butter, cream, broiler chickens, eggs, pork, honey, and beef. Cow shares are available with home/drop point deliveries.
Mt. Carmel: Illini-Acres Dairy Goats, Alice & Leland Marriott, 12635 E 400 Rd., Mt. Carmel IL 62863, phone: 618-298-2469, email: email@example.com.They have maintained a herd of registered dairy goats for over 25 years. Currently have Alpine, Nubian, Saanen, and Toggenburgs. They produce their own hay and feed. Milk available January through October. They sell raw milk according to IL law (bring your own containers).
North Barrington: Golden Guernsey of Illinois 23385 West Old Barrington Rd., phone: 608-449-5491 (call/text), email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: iloverawmilk.com.
They offer raw Guernsey milk, pastured organic eggs, yogurt and farmer’s cheese. Visit website for more information and map. Call, text or email with questions or for pricing information.
Owaneco: Afterthought Farm, Vicki Boliard, 882 North 1700 East Rd., Owaneco IL 62555, phone: 217-565-0381, web: afterthoughtfarm.com. Raw milk year round from French Alpine dairy goats.
Peotone: Lake Sai Farm, Lings, 27750 S 104th Ave Peotone, IL 60468. phone: 312-391-7621, email: Lakesaicorp@gmail.com, web: www.lakesai.com. Raw goat milk and raw yogurt from Nigerian dwarf dairy goats. Organic and free-pasture feed (grains, kelp, minerals, herbs, alfalfa hay).
Prairietown: Open Doors Heritage Farm, 7446 Renken Rd, Worden, IL 62097, about 45 minutes NE of downtown St. Louis, and about 20 minutes north of Edwardsville, email: email@example.com. A customer inspected grassfed raw milk dairy. As our name implies, we want the customer to see how the cows are treated and to have full confidence in the product they buy. Raw milk is available from the farm for $8/gal. Cows are fed a minimal amount of dried molasses powder at milking time. Please bring your own containers and cooler/ice. We will have jars available to purchase for $3/jar. We welcome you to come out, inspect the farm, meet the animals and enjoy the beauty of the lakes.
Quad Cites Area:
- Green Farms New Boston, IL, phone: 309-738-3493, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Grass-fed raw milk from Jersey cows raised on pasture. No chemicals or antibiotics used. Milk is $7/gallon. Pick up at the farm available or call to get on a coop pickup for Quad Cities and/or other areas. They also have eggs and rabbit and are taking orders for grass-fed beef for the fall and pastured broilers for the summer.
- Heart’s Quest Goats, Linda Du Shane, Lynn Center IL, phone: 309-781-3994, email: email@example.com. Dairy animals raised for milk, meat, and show. Fresh milk daily; will lease to approved clientele. Alpine, LaMancha, Saanen & Toggenburg; both registered and grade.
- Windsweep Farm, Renee Sheaffer, Offers pick-up and drop-off in Rock Island. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-973-3224 for location information. See their listing under Dixon or visit their Facebook page for more information about the farm.
Roodhouse: Phone: 217-589-4554. Raw milk available from Jersey cows on all grass diet. Several varieties of raw milk cheeses and beef also available.
Springfield area: Curry Heritage Farm, Linda Logan and Kim Curry, Eight miles east of Springfield – 48 S. John Wayne Road, Dawson, IL 62520, phone: 217-691-5539, email: email@example.com. Raw milk, yogurt, butter and ricotta cheese from Jersey cows grazing on grass, fruits and hay in the winter. The cows do eat sweet feed during milking. No hormones, antibiotics or chemical wormers. Also available are chocolate colored eggs from Coco Maran chickens and Freedom Ranger meat birds. Please call before visiting.
St. Louis metro area: MooGrass Farms Inc., web: moograssfarms.com, phone: 1-888-COW-5789, fax 1-888-269-5789, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private club offering raw milk, eggs, 100% grass-fed & finished beef, seasonal produce more. Now with a location in St. Louis with four weekly Saturday pick up points.
Tremont / Peoria Area, Steiner Family Farm, Todd & Val Steiner and family, Tremont IL 61568 (25 min from Peoria, 30 min from Bloomington), phone: 309-925-5221. Organic farm committed to working with nature instead of against it, improving the soil biologically to boost the nutrition of the milk, meat, and eggs produced, and resisting the use of chemicals and GMO seed. All of the fields and land are Certified Organic by MOSA (Midwest Organic Services Association). The animals are fed the Certified Organic crops and are raised by organic standards, however, they have not pursued organic certification for the animals to prevent extra costs and paperwork. They rely on farmer-to-consumer trust relationships. No antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants used. They offer 100% grass-fedraw milk (available through a herdshare), 100% grass-fed beef, pastured chicken, turkey,brown eggs, and milk-fedpork. Contact them for more information about the herdshare program. Free sample gallon of milk offered to those interested.
Yorkville: Timber Creek Farms, web: tcforganics.net. A to-your-door organic produce company that sells raw milk cheese.