Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Statewide–For Small & Starting Co-ops/Private Buying Clubs:
- Amish Clearview Farm in Quarryville PA, delivering to drop off locations in NYC and southern NY. Contact farmer direct: Abner Lapp 717-786-0876. Pasture raised, 100 percent grass-fed beef and dairy, pasture raised non-GMO and soy-free fed poultry and eggs. Practices organic and bio-sustainable methods. Private membership Association. Farm fresh products include: 100 percent grass-fed raw milk, yogurt, kefir, sour cream, butter, cultured butter, cottage cheese, 12 varieties of raw cheeses, and raw ice cream. Goat’s milk, yogurt and kefir. Sheep’s milk, plus 5 varieties of sheep cheese. Pastured chicken (soy-free) whole or parts chicken sausage and chicken broth. pastured turkey (soy-free) whole or in parts. Pastured chicken eggs (soy-free), brown (Rhode Island Red) and blue-green eggs (Araucana Chickens), 100 percent grass-fed and fully pastured Calf steaks, ground and sausage. 100 percent grass-fed and fully pastured Black Angus beef, most cuts available, sausage, beef sticks, jerky, bologna, and beef broth. Alaskan Salmon-wild caught. Pork-most cuts available. Seasonal produce and herbs. Raw honey, maple syrup, Peanut, Cashew, and Almond butter. Pet food (all beef, beef and chicken, and turkey available) plus so much more. Call farmer direct for prices and a location near you.
- Miller’s Biodiversity Farm PMA Phone: 717-786-7895, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. web: amishbiofarm.com. Private club members only. They have over 300 products with free shipping. Animals are 100 percent grass-fed and graze on pasture with highly mineralized soils. 70 percent of their milk is A2-A2. Real nutrient-dense products directly from the farmer. Currently have dropsites and open to new dropsites in the state. Willing to be a vendor at your workshop or conference. We now have drops in Manhattan: ZIP codes 10007 and 10038. Have drops in Staten Island: ZIP codes 10305 and 10309, Queens: Ridgewood, and have drop in Brooklyn and East Flatbush. Looking for new drops in Long Island, Queens, Bronx and parts of Brooklyn. Looking for people in New City and Westchester. To contact them about starting a new drop site, please call and leave a message. For price list or questions, contact them via email.
- Rocky Ridge Dairy, phone: 717-284-0466. Looking to start more buying clubs. Will ship. Private membership association. Raw cow, goat, sheep milk and dairy products; fermented vegetables, kombucha, beet kvass, soaked nuts, raw honey, maple syrup, popcorn, potato chips, ghee, pumpkin puree, olive oil, breads, muffins, beef, pork, lard, lamb, chicken, eggs, duck, stocks, wild salmon and haddock. No Sunday sales.
- Shepherd’s Hollow Farm – Ben and Emanuel Fisher, email: email@example.com. Supply grass fed, organic, raw unhomogenized Guernsey breed cow milk. Drop offs to NYC and deliveries throughout NJ.
Alfred Station: Sunny Cove Organic Raw Milk Dairy, Gerry Snyder & Family, Randolph Rd., phone: 607-587-9282. Permitted NYS raw milk sales, organic, grass fed.
Ballston Spa: Willow Marsh Farm, Charles and Darlene Curtiss, 343 Hop City Rd., Ballston Spa, phone: 518-885-8731 or 518-885-0310, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: willowmarshfarm.com. Raw milk, local eggs, home-grown beef & veal, and seasonal vegetables.
Barker: Teacup Farm/Tidbits and Creamery, Liz Neadow, phone: 716-807-2963, email: Neadow7@msn.com, web: http://www.
Bloomville: Byebrook Farm, Paul and Gwen Deysenroth and family, 7531 County Rte 18, Bloomville NY 13739, phone: 607-538-9796. Eighth generation farm with 45 Holstein cows, grazed in season. Selling raw milk in prefilled containers; $4.50/galon, $2.25/half-gallon. Self-serve shed by road open 7 days, 8am-9pm. Also selling raw milk Gouda cheese, eggs, and raspberries as available.
Brooklyn: Amaar Milk, Moady Amaar, email: email@example.com. Organic grass-fed cow and goat dairy products, cheeses, pastured eggs, meats, raw local honey, healthy oils, snacks, more. They deliver to the New York metro area including all of NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. Dairy comes from Pennsylvania farms. Click here for reader feedback on Amaar Milk.
Burke: Butterfield Farm, Bradley and Kathryn Kent and family, 1002 Coveytown Rd., Burke NY 12917, phone: 518-483-3542, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Seasonal farm, milking a mostly Jersey herd of 23 cows. NYS raw milk permit. Certified organic by NOFA-NY.
Canajoharie: Hidden Camp Farm, John & Ruth King, 378 White Rd., Canajoharie NY 13318 (1 mi down White Road, just off Route 10 in Schoharie County. White Road is half way between Sharon Springs and Canajoharie), phone: 518-673-3611, email: HiddenCampFarm@Gmail.com, web: HiddenCampFarm.wordpress.
Candor: Side Hill Acres, Russell and Rita Kellogg, 79 Spencer Rd., Candor NY 13743, phone: 607-659-4121, email: email@example.com, web: sidehillacres.bizland.com. They are licensed to sell raw goat milk, which can only be purchased at the farm. They also have a raw goat milk cheddar cheese and sell kefir and yogurt, goat milk soaps, and other goat milk cheeses (pasteurized).
Cassadaga: The Lapp Family Farm, Harry & Rachel Kellogg, Lydia & Melissa Lapp, 3505 Cassadaga Rd., Cassadaga NY 14718, phone: 716-595-3210, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: lappfamily.com. NY state certified to sell raw milk. They milk four Brown Swiss and Jersey-German Red Cows and offer milk and hand-made farmstead cheese. No antibiotics or rBGH used.
Cazenovia (Syracuse area): Greyrock Farm, Matt Volz, 6100 East Lake Rd., Cazenovia, NY 13035, phone: 484-888-6254, email: email@example.com. Greyrock Farm offers 100 percent grass-fed raw milk from a small herd of Brown Swiss cows. Milk is available to customers any day, any time, all year long. Customers may call or email owner Matt Volz with questions.
Cherry Valley: The Belted Rose, Corey Upson, 3724 County Hiway 33 Cherry Valley, NY 13320, phone: 607-264-3108. This farm has Dutch Belted cows. All grass fed, no grain used at all. Cows are organically raised.
Cornwall: Edgwick Farm, Dan Jones and Talitha Thurau, 348 Angola Rd., Cornwall NY 12518, phone: 914-213- 9513, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: facebook.com/edgwickfarm. They are currently selling raw goat milk for $5/quart. They sell in glass only. They have glass jars to purchase or they will fill your clean ones. They will fill during milking hours, 7-9am and 6-8pm daily, or you can drop off jars and they will fill them and keep them refrigerated till you pick up. Free-range chicken and duck eggs for sale also as well as a wide variety of goat cheese.
Delhi (Delaware County): Bovina Valley Farms, 77 Huff Road (off of Glenn Burnie and Rt 28) Delhi, NY 13753, Dan Finn and Heidi Horvath, email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 607-746-8192, web: www.bovinavalleyfarm.com. This organic dairy farm has 30 plus Jersey/Holstein cross cattle which are pastured daily and supplemented with grain and dry hay. The farm store is located across from the main farm house on Huff Road, open 7am -7pm every day. They make and sell “Alderney” their signature artisan raw cows’ milk cheese. Other products available: grass fed beef, pork and free range chicken, wood fired maple syrup and farm hand soaps. No official tours, but farmer and partner will gladly show visitors around and answer questions. Raw milk Alderney cheese is also sold at the Andes Farmers Market, open Saturdays 10-3 pm (May thru Nov), Good Cheap Food, Delhi, NY, Cheese Louise, Kingston, NY and Cheese Please, Cranford, NJ. Delivery to NY and Brooklyn is available through www.GreenaneFarms.com online CSA store.
East Meredith: Kortright Creek Creamery, Tom and Denise Warren, 1211 Kelso Rd., East Meredith NY 13757 (Delaware County, foothills of the Catskill Mountains), phone: 607-278-5800, web: stoneandthistlefarm.com. Grass-fed, organic goat milk. They are licensed to sell raw milk on the farm. Their pasteurized goat milk is sold in food cooperatives and health food stores throughout New York and Massachusetts.
Fallsburg: M&S Farms, phone: 845-436-8287, web: mandsfarm.com. Raw goat milk, goat cheese, eggs, and organic produce grown on site.
Gardiner: Old Ford Farm LLC, Becky and Joe Fullam, 1359 Old Ford Rd, New Paltz NY 12561, phone: 845-220-7819, email: email@example.com, web: www.oldfordfarm.com. Jersey cows, rotationally grazed, grass-fed, supplemented with certified non-GMO grain. Milk is $9/gallon, sold by the half gallon. Licensed by NYS. Pre-orders preferred, call or email for information. Visitors always welcome, call ahead.
Genoa: Deepwater Farm, Philip Stauderman, 3128 Blakley Rd., Genoa NY 13071, phone: 315-246-0689, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Certified Organic raw milk and grass-fed beef.
Gilbertsville: Butternut Farms, phone: 607-783-2392.
Ghent: Hawthorne Valley Farm, phone: 518-672-7500 Ext. 1, web: hawthornevalleyfarm.org.
Glens Falls/East Central NY: Milk available in VT from Morningside Creamery in Wells, VT. See the listing on the Vermont page under Rutland Couny.
Hoosick Falls: Breese Hollow Dairy, Chuck and Diane Phippen, 454 Breese Hollow Rd., Hoosick Falls, NY, phone: 518-686-4044, email: email@example.com. Organic Jersey cows on 100% grassfed diet.
- Pleroma Farm, Ana Lups, 149 County Route 14, Hudson NY 12534, phone: 518-828-3292, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: pleromafarm.com. Small herd of Dutch Belted cows that are 100% grass fed. Farm uses Biodynamic methods. They offer milk and eggs daily and cream, butter, broiler chickens, pork, beef, and vegetables to order. Farm store open daily or call to place an order.
- Rocky Fresh Farm, 671 Fish and Game Rd., Hudson NY 12534, phone: 518-672-5623 or 518-672-6166. Now selling NY State certified raw milk from grass-fed Dutch Belted cows.
Ithaca: Meadowsweet Farm, phone: 607-582-6954, web: meadowsweetfarm.com. Raw milk from pasture-fed Jersey cows. Raw milk cheeses available through their website.
- Denise & Sam Hendren, (Northern NY-Adirondack region), phone: 518-834-7306. Certified Organic small farmer. Raw milk and cheese available.
- North Country Creamery @ Clover Mead Farm, Ashlee Kleinhammer, 938 Mace Chasm Rd., Keeseville NY 12944, phone: 518-645-2697 (645-COWS!), email: email@example.com, web: northcountrycreamery.com. Raw milk from 100% grass-fed Jersey crosses, rotationally grazed (organic practices, not yet certified). Pick up from farmstore cafe where a variety of fresh and aged cheeses and plain/maple yogurt are also available, and at select farmer’s markets starting June 1st.
Livingston Manor: Dirie Dairy Farm, MaryAnne and Richard Dirie, 1345 Shandelee Rd., Livingston Manor NY 12758 (Sullivan County, Catskills), phone: 845-482-4301, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Licensed to sell raw milk on the farm. No growth hormones, RBST, antibiotics, or pesticides used. Milk is sold Wednesday/Saturday or by pre arrangement. A limited number of brown eggs also for sale.
Long Island: email: email@example.com. A private membership association farm that has drop off points in the area. They offer real milk and milk products from their organically managed, 100 percent grass-fed Jersey cows, camel, and water buffalo. They also have pastured sheep and goat milk products. They have 100 percent grass-fed beef and lamb, pastured pork, chicken, and turkey. Their eggs are from pastured hens. They also offer soy-free chicken and eggs, as well as soy-free pork.They have a full line of fermented food and beverages, along with local honey, and soap made with their pastured pork lard. Please email them for membership forms and/or to schedule a farm tour.
Medina: Martin Yoder, 2594 Murdock Rd., Medina NY 14103, phone: 585-798-9345. Organic dairy farm offering NY certified raw milk ($5/gallon in your own container) and eggs from naturally fed chickens ($2.50/dozen; bring any empty egg cartons that you have). Milk is available from 8-10am and from 6-7pm. No Sunday sales. (Added comment: A Real Milk reader has noted that this Amish farm celebrates all Amish holidays and religious days, and on some days they do not sell milk, even if they are in the milk room when you arrive. Be sure to call ahead when you are planning to visit to make sure they will be selling that day.)
Middletown: Gillikays Raw Goat Milk, 47 Highland Lakes Rd., Middletown NY 10940, phone: 845-386-9059, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NYS license to sell raw goat milk, healthy herd of 10+ goats hand-milked twice a day. Call to set up a weekly pick-up time. Baby goats available, male and female, sweet personalities and assorted colors. Also, goat milk soap in a variety of scents and formulas.
Millbrook: Shunpike Dairy, Liz Baldwin (owner/operator), phone: 845-702-6224, web: shunpikedairy.com. Milking approximate 20 cows (Holsteins, Brown Swiss, Ayrshires, Jerseys, and a Linebacker). No growth hormones or antibiotics used. In the summer months, and when available, the cows are pasture fed. In the winter, mostly hay supplemented by small amounts of corn silage and grain. All replacement calves are grown on the farm. Glass containers are available for purchase at the farm, or you may bring your own container. Milk prices are $6/gallon, $3/half-gallon, $2/quart. Eggs are also available that are from free-running chickens raised at nearby farms (no hormones or antibiotics used on the chickens).
New York City:
- Amaar Milk, Moady Amaar, email: email@example.com. Organic grass-fed cow and goat dairy products, cheeses, pastured eggs, meats, raw local honey, healthy oils, snacks, more. They deliver to the New York metro area including all of NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. Dairy comes from Pennsylvania farms. Click here for reader feedback on Amaar Milk.
- Land of Milk & Honey, (Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester County, and all five boroughs, ) Moe Duarte, phone: 845-662-2984, email: landomilkandhoney.
weebly.com.Grass fed, pastured milk home delivery buyers club co-op on wheels featuring: Cow milk, goat milk and farm fresh eggs. Local topical pain relievers by Mind Body Soul Oil and Jow Pain Relief. We are adding new local products weekly! All products regularly tested for safety.
North Rose: Rosedale Farm, 9882 Miner Rd., email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freedom Hill Farm, Rick and Julie Vreeland, 115 Grange Road, Otisville, NY 10963, phone: 845-386-5798,email: email@example.com, web: freedomhillfarm.net. They have a NY license to sell raw milk from their 30 Jersey cows. You can find more information on their website or by emailing or calling.
- Land of Milk & Honey, See full listing under New York City.
Otego: Muddy River Dairy, Joshua and Karli Johnson, 63 Main Street, Otego NY 13825. phone: 607-988-0026, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw cow milk for sale. Herd is mixed including Brown Swiss, Jersey, and Holstein cows. Cows spend time inside and outside every day; fed a mixed diet grown mostly right on the farm. For large milk orders (more than 5 gallons), please call ahead. Milk is bottled fresh every day. $5 for a gallon and $2.50 for a half gallon. Farm store is open seven days a week 10 am to 8 pm. We also have fresh eggs, sweet corn, produce in season, and baked goods on the weekends – including pies, cakes, breads, and cookies. Tours are available, but it’s best to call ahead and plan a time. The farm located right on Rt. 7 and easily reached by way of I-88.
Pine Plains: Chaseholm Farm, Sarah Lyons Chase, 115 Chase Rd. Pine Plains, NY 12567, phone: (518) 339 2071, email: email@example.com, website: chaseholmfarm.com. Chaseholm Farm is a third-generation dairy raising Holsteins, Jerseys and a few Brown Swiss. In the pasture season, the dairy herd rotates intensively through 110 acres of managed pastureland. They raise all their own forages for winter feed, dry hay, baleage and corn silage. These crops are non-GMO. Chaseholm Farm is transitioning to a grass-fed herd, currently a small amount of non-GMO grain is fed at milking. Raw milk and farmstead cheeses are available at the farm store located across the driveway from the dairy barn. They offer a sliding scale for milk $3-5 for a half gallon. There is a bottle deposit of $2 at first purchase. Cheeses range from $6-15. Other products available seasonally.
Queens: Amaar Milk, Moady Amaar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Organic grass-fed cow and goat dairy products, cheeses, pastured eggs, meats, raw local honey, healthy oils, snacks, more. They deliver to the New York metro area including all of NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. Dairy comes from Pennsylvania farms. Click here for reader feedback on Amaar Milk.
Richfield Springs: Mountain View Dairy, phone: 315-858-0536. Legal for raw milk sales, pickup on farm only. Beef, pork and eggs also available on farm only. Raw cheese available via on farm sales or shipped. Farm store open Mon-Sat 8am-8pm. When calling, let the phone ring and ring for a long time, because the farmer is Amish and the phone is not inside his home, but rather in a shed outside, and it may take a while to hear it and then get to it.
Riverhead (Suffolk County): Chris Wines, 5793 Sound Ave, Riverhead NY 11901, phone: 631-722-4241, email: email@example.com. NYS permitted to sell raw milk from grass-fed Jersey cows, supplemented with grain. Milk is available in half-gallon glass bottles year round. Cows graze outside April-November.
Rockland County: Land of Milk & Honey, See full listing under New York City.
Sauquoit: WintersGrass Farm, Jordan & Hannah Winters, 9104 Butler Rd. Sauquoit, NY 13456 phone: 315-269-9237 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.wintersgrassfarm.com, Facebook: WintersGrass-Farm-412898740369. WintersGrass Farm produces 100 percent grassfed milk from a small herd of Jersey cows. The farm is located just 10 minutes outside the city of Utica. Milk is available to members anytime Sunday though Saturday, and to nonmembers during business hours. NYS licensed for raw milk sales.
Stone Ridge: F&C Brooks and Sons, Frank, Cyndi, Randy, Cassandra, & Scott Brooks, 285 Tongore Rd., Kingston NY 12401, phone: 845-687-4074, email: Generationfarm@AOL.com. Raw milk for $2/half-gallon, sold in glass only. They have glass jars to purchase or they will fill your clean ones. They will fill during milking time (4–6:30pm daily) or you can drop off jars and they will fill them and keep them refrigerated till you pick up. Free-range chicken eggs for sale also.
Waldwick: Bobolink Dairy & Bakeyard, Nina & Jonathan White, 369 Stamets Rd., Milford NJ 08848, email: email@example.com, web: cowsoutside.com. 100% grass-fed raw milk cheeses. Twelve styles produced seasonally, April-Nov, sold year-round at the farm, at farmers markets, and on their website. Cows are not confined or given grain or silage. Calves are raised in pasture by their moms. They are the origin herd of the “Bobolink Black Graizers” breed, a grass-hardy cross of Irish Kerry with Guernsey, Ayrshire, Jersey, and Shorthorn.
West Potsdam: Windy Ridge Dairy, Stephanie and Ray Hill, 2051 CR 35, West Potsdam NY, phone: 315-265-1618. Certified Organic, NY inspected and permitted raw milk from a small herd of Holstein and Jersey cows. Customers must bring clean, large mouthed containers to the farm. Call in advance.
Westchester: Amaar Milk, Moady Amaar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Organic grass-fed cow and goat dairy products, cheeses, pastured eggs, meats, raw local honey, healthy oils, snacks, more. They deliver to the New York metro area including all of NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. Dairy comes from Pennsylvania farms. Click here for reader feedback on Amaar Milk.