Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has cured autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Abbeville/Due West/Greenwood Areas: Southern Oaks Jersey Farm, Mark Wiley Owner/Operator, 1458 Hwy. 20, Abbeville SC (4 miles W of Abbeville, 6 miles E from Due West), phone: 864-391-1898, web: southernoaksJerseyssc.com.. Family-owned and operated, all-Jersey dairy farm producing Grade A raw milk. They do not use steroids or hormones and their milk meets all DHEC regulations. Milk is sold for $4/gallon or $2.50/half-gallon.
- Historical Herbals Homestead Dairy, 478 Pearl Bonnett Rd, Windsor (approximately 18 miles outside Aiken), phone: 803-266-5406, email: email@example.com (use subject “goat milk”). G’anny operated, SC licensed small homestead and dairy. Raw milk, non-homogenized. No hormones, modified grains, chemicals, or herbicides used. In extreme cases where a medication must be given, their product is destroyed for quite a while. Farm sales are limited to appointment only for now. Family tours/outings of the farm are available. Naturally grown produce available, varies each season. Most vegetables are from historical seeds, but G’anny often plants unusually colored hybrids that pique the curiosity of children (and adults). Be patient with the answering machine, all calls are returned.
- Noble Breads and Grocer, John or Rebecca Winans (Aiken WAPF Chapter Leaders), 1625 Richland Avenue EAST, Aiken SC 29801, phone: 803-642-8898, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. web: noblebreads.com. This market and bakery specializes in Weston A. Price Foundation-friendly foods. Southern Oaks Jersey pastured Grade A raw milk ($7.49/gallon) raw butter and raw Cream when available and upon request. Samaria pastured Grade A raw Nubian Goat Milk ($7/half gallon and $8/frozen during dry season) Assorted raw cheeses. Yogurt, kefir, creme fraiche, sour cream, and rennet, and mesophilic cultures available.
- Palmetto Nursery & Florist and Samaria Farm, Sam & Maria Stevens, 770 E. Pine Log Rd., Aiken SC 29803, phone: 803-642-7166, email: email@example.com. Small Grade A Raw Milk family farm – Nubian goat & Jersey Cow. No pesticides or hormones are used. Milk is available at Noble Breads & Grocer on Richland Ave and at Palmetto Nursery & Florist on Pine Log Rd. Goat Milk $7.00 1/2 gal, Jersey Cow $6.00 gal.
Anderson: Split Creek Farm LLC, 3806 Centerville Rd., Anderson SC 29625, phone: 864-287-3921, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: splitcreek.com. Grade A goat dairy selling raw goat milk year round in half-gallon bottles. No hormones or antibiotics used. No pesticides or herbicides used on their pastures. They also produce goat cheese, goat milk soap, and goat milk fudge. The farm has a retail shop open to the public. Tours of the farm are available on a prearranged basis.
Antreville (Anderson area): CowsRUs Farm, Jennifer, phone: 864-348-2680, email: email@example.com. Whole raw milk from Jersey cows that are on pasture year-round. Their cows have never been treated with BST or any type of steroid/chemical to increase production. They do not bottle milk until you purchase it.
Belton/Honea Path: Slone’s Blessings LLC, 1114 Hwy 413, Anderson SC 29621, phone: 864-642-9110, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grade A goat dairy.
Bluffton: Back to Nature Natural Food Store, 1125 May River Rd., Bluffton SC 29910, phone: 843-757-7848, cell: 843-298-7200, web: backtonaturebluffton.com. Grade A whole raw milk from Butter Patch Farms, Saluda SC.
- Farmers Market has raw milk from Sea Island Jerseys on Saturdays.
- Geer’s Barber Shop, 1649 Savannah Hwy # A, phone: 843-766-7735.
- Jeremiah Farm & Goat Dairy, Casey Price, phone: 843-559-1678, email: Jeremiahfarmsc@aol.com, web: JeremiahFarm.com. Grade A raw goat milk in half-gallon bottles, available seasonally. No hormones or antibiotics used; no pesticides or herbicides used on pasture or woodlands. They also offer demonstrations of home cheese making and guided farm tours to families and small groups are arranged by appointment (fee).
- Raspberry’s Natural Food Store: Raw milk from Milky Way Farm (see farm’s listing below under Starr SC).
- Sea Island Jerseys, Celeste Albers, phone: 843-559-5095. Grade A raw milk, licensed and inspected. Their milk is 100% grass-fed year round. No grain is fed; no hormones administered; no pesticides are used on the pastures. Cows are certified Johnes-free. Milk is available at the Charleston Farmers market on Saturday mornings, the Glass Onion on Highway 17 (phone: 843-225-1717), I’On Health in Mt. Pleasant (phone: 843-971-1000), and Stono Market on John’s Island (phone: 843-559-9999).
Columbia: Rosewood Market. Raw milk from Milky Way Farm (see farm’s listing below under Starr SC).
Easley: Back to Nature, Susan Reedy, 106 Pelzer Hwy, Easley SC 29642, phone: 864-859-0708, Facebook: Back to Nature. This health food store carries M&M Dairy raw cow milk and raw buttermilk, Split Creek Farms raw goat milk and cheeses, Happy Cow rolled butter, organic food, gluten-free food, grass-fed beef, and Springer Mountain chicken.
Florence/Timmonsville Area: Middle Sparrow Ranch, Earle and Alice Boller, 400 Ralph Lane Rd., Timmonsville SC 29161, phone: 843-330-8652, email: email@example.com, web: middlesparrowranch.com, Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Middle-Sparrow-Ranch/183889968347452. Grass-fed raw milk, cheese, and butter from Jersey cows.
Fort Mill: Milky Way Farm (see full listing below under Starr SC),web: scmilkywayfarm.com. Raw milk delivery every week at the Narroway Theatre at exit #90 on I 77. Please order ahead.
- Brick House Farms, Jim and Eve Lyle, 1139 Brick House Rd., Gaffney SC 29340, phone: 864-490-7108, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: brickhousefarms1943.com. Whole raw Jersey cow milk, light cream, and buttermilk from Milky Way Farm (see their listing under Starr SC). They also offer 100% grass-fed Devon and Angus beef, pastured Rare Gourmet Red Wattle and Berkshire pork, pastured eggs, pastured Heritage and Broad Breasted White Turkeys, pastured Label Rouge style chickens, pastured Delaware and Buckeye chickens, and pastured lamb. No hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, or herbicides used. Tours available by appointment.
- Milky Way Farm (see full listing below under Starr SC),web: scmilkywayfarm.com. Raw milk delivery every two weeks on Wednesday at Exit #90 on I 85. Please order ahead.
- Firstfruits Farm Of South Carolina, Don and Janice Woodard, 103 Wynn Cir., Greenville SC 29617, phone: 864-294-6991, email: email@example.com, web: firstfruitsfarm.wordpress.com, Facebook. Saanen goats, fed free forage, bottomland herbs, supplemented by grain. Grade A (SC DHEC inspected) raw goat milk, $7/half-gallon; $3.75/quart; $2/half-pint. Also free-range eggs and honey. Hours 9-5. Available at the farm and at Mini-Miracles CSA.
- Milky Way Farm (see full listing below under Starr SC),web: scmilkywayfarm.com. Raw milk delivery every two weeks on Wednesday at exit #40 on I 85 at 10:00. Please order ahead.
- Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery, Mary Walsh and Jacqueline Oliver, 205 Cedar Lane Rd., Greenville SC 29611, phone: 864-255-3385, web: swamprabbitcafe.com, Facebook: swamprabbitcafe. They carry Milky Way Farm’s raw cow milk, First Fruit’s Farm raw goat milk, Split Creek Farms raw goat cheeses, Happy Cow milk, butter and cheese, and also produce, dry goods, and meats from over 50 local farms. The Cafe serves breakfast, lunch, pastries, and coffee all day.
- White’s Jersey Dairy, Wilbur R. White, phone: 864-895-2358. Grade A raw milk.
Johns Island: Burden Creek Dairy, Kipp and Katherine Valentine, 2755 Exchange Landing, Johns Island SC 29455, phone: 843-559-1035 or 843-709-0552. Raw goat milk.
Lamar/Florence Area : Lone Palmetto Farms, LLC: 656 Windhamtown Rd., Lamar SC 29069, phone: 843-319-8734, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: lonepalmetto.com, Facebook: facebook.com/LonePalmettoFarms. Grade A goat dairy (SC permit #31612) offering raw goat milk from herd of registered Alpine, Nubian and LaMancha goats. No hormones or antibiotics used. Milk is available by the half-gallon in markets in Columbia, Camden, Charleston, Timmonsville, Hartsville, Florence, and Myrtle Beach. See Facebook page for information on the market/delivery schedule. Market locations are listed at lonepalmetto.com/Dairy. In addition to raw goat milk, they offer handmade goat milk soap and other natural products.
Lexington: 14 Carrot Whole Foods, 5300 Sunset Blvd., Lexington SC. Whole, raw milk from Butter Patch Jerseys.
Little River: Copacetic Farm LLC, Sallie Bellamy, 2000 Hwy 57 N, Little River SC 29566, phone: 843-957-8741, email: email@example.com, web: localharvest.org/copacetic-farm-llc-M42137?ul, Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Copacetic-Farm-Dairy/162432977149459. This licensed Grade A goat dairy sells unpasteurized (raw) goat milk by the half gallon. It is available by appointment on the farm. It is also available at certain local stores and at local farmers markets.
Marion: Missy’s Dairy, Marion SC, web: missysdairy.com, Facebook: facebook.com/MissysDairy. This farm recently moved from Kentucky to SC and will soon be a Grade A licensed raw milk dairy offering raw Jersey milk and dairy products as well as pastured beef, pork (from registered American Guinea Hogs), eggs, and vegetables. They pasture all livestock and use organic homesteading methods. They plan to offer products on farm as well as in various locations throughout SC and via home delivery.
Mount Pleasant: ChiroLife, Dr. Erikka Curia, 10 Resolute Ln., Mount Pleasant, SC 29464, phone: 843-971-1000, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.chirolife.org, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ChiroLife-LLC/421847107911385?fref=ts. Raw milk and eggs from Sea Island Jerseys on Mondays at 4:30pm. Milk is $4.50/ 1/2 gallon and eggs are $5/dozen. They are also the home of the Charleston Chapter of The Weston A. Price Foundation.
Pickens: Bee Well Honey & Natural Market, Kerry Owen, 205 Hampton Ave, Pickens SC 29671, phone: 864-898-5122, email: email@example.com, web: beewellhoneyfarm.com. Honey, raw milk from a local dairy, organic produce, health items.
Saluda: Butter Patch Jerseys, Mike and Patrice Buck, 175 Dairy Lane, phone: 864-445-7399, email: butterpatchJerseys@netscape.com. Small, family-operated dairy that has been in continuous operation since 1987, offering Grade A whole raw milk. Cows are pastured on seasonal grasses and small grain forages. No BST, hormones, or steroids used. Also available: brown eggs, grass-fed beef, pastured pork and pastured lambs. Call or email for availability.
- Belue Farms, 3773 Parris Bridge Rd., Boiling Springs SC 29316, phone: 864-578-0446, web: beluefarms.com. Offering Grade A raw Jersey milk from Milky Way Farm’s grass-fed Jersey cows, which are not given hormones (BST) or steroids. Their herd is rated at the highest level given for Johne’s (Level 6), and the SCC is below 200,000. (See Milky Way Farms listing under Starr SC below.) Belue Farms also sells grass-fed Angus beef from cows born and raised on their farm, which are not given hormones or antibiotics, pastured pork, and free-range chicken and turkey from Native Meats.
- Milky Way Farm (see full listing below under Starr SC),web: scmilkywayfarm.com. Raw milk delivery every two weeks on Wednesday at exit # 75 (Hwy 9 and I 85) at 11:30. Please order ahead.
Starr: Milky Way Farm, L. D. Peeler, 220 Hidden Hills Rd., Starr SC 29684. phone: 864-352-2014, cell: 864-617-5911, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: scmilkywayfarm.com. Grade A raw milk from grass-fed Jersey cows not given hormones or steroids. The herd has been checked clean for Johne’s the past three years. SCC for the past year is below 225,000. Also available in Raspberry’s Natural Food Store in Charleston, and Rosewood Market in Columbia.
Sumter: The Farm Store, 584 Bultman Drive, Sumter SC 29150, phone: 803-774-3276, email: email@example.com. Raw cow (Jersey and Holstein) and goat milk and cheese. They also offer monthly classes on cheese, butter, and yogurt throughout the year. Open Monday-Saturday, 11am to 6pm.
Wellford: 590 Wasp Nest Dr, Wellford SC (Previously located in Greer, formerly Kelsey’s Dairy), phone: 864-770-5594. Small, family owned and operated farm offering Grade A raw Jersey cow milk and buttermilk. They use no hormones or antibiotics, feed local feed from a local farmer, and sell directly to the public. The cows graze on fresh grass daily as seasonally available, with minimal grain at milking time. Licensed by the state of South Carolina. Call with questions.
- Crescent Moon Farm, Becky and Sandra Howington, phone: 864-873-7300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: crescentmoonfarms.com. Goat milk and goat milk soap.
- Harmony Dairy, Peter Ebenhack & Julie Roberts, 827 Purple Haze Dr.,Westminster SC, 29693, phone: 864-647-6141, email: email@example.com. Licensed raw milk from free-range cows. Cows get the majority of their feed from native grass, and are on pasture 20hrs/day. No antibiotics used. They also have eggs and meat (limited availability).
- M and M Dairy, Ronald & Doretta Martin (owners), 470 Dairy Farm Rd., Westminster SC 29693, phone: 864-710-1663, email: MandMDairy@yahoo.com, web: MandMDairy.com. Raw whole milk and raw milk buttermilk sold on the farm.
York: Tucker Adkins Dairy, 7245 Park Place Rd., York SC 29745, phone: 803-242-4743. Grade A raw milk, eggs, butter.