Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Kenai Peninsula Borough:
- Homer/Anchor Point: Old Sterling Farm, phone: 907-235-1087, email: email@example.com . Located between Homer and Anchor Point. Offering raw milk goat and cowshares; no antibiotics, no hormones. Meat chickens (available May-September), fresh chicken eggs, duck eggs, raw wildflower honey, meat goats, Flemish Giant rabbits, various garden vegetables available in the summer. Goat kids are also available sometimes (milking does).
- Kasilof: Lunachick Farm, Lisa Stevenson, phone: 907-232-5683, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: http://arctichomesteader.
squarespace.com. Holistically managed, year-round goat dairy free ranged on unlimited browse, with alfalfa hay and free choice kelp, minerals and sea salt. Continual harvests of 300# of sprouted Delta barley fodder daily. All products are corn and soy-free. They offer milk shares, meat and milk goats, pastured pork, layer and meat chickens, layer and meat ducks, turkeys, eggs, aged compost and seasonal garden starts/perennials. Weekly delivery is available to Wasilla and Homer.
- Cottonwood Creek Farm, phone: 907-357-7642, email: email@example.com, Facebook: CottonwoodCreekFarmAK. Offering raw goat milk year-round via herdshares, with pickup locations in Anchorage, Eagle River, and Palmer as well as at the farm. Goats are fed local grass hay and alfalfa, supplemented with a corn and soy-free feed, barley fodder, sea kelp, and organically derived minerals. The entire herd is tested annually, and is negative for CAE, CL, and Johne’s. Lactating or food-producing animals are treated holistically, without antibiotics, growth hormones, or chemicals. They typically have 2-3 adult milkers for sale each year, as well as registered Alpine kids as future milking does and pack wethers. Starter cultures for kefir, yogurt, and kombucha are also available year-round.
- North Wind Farm email: firstname.lastname@example.org. North Wind Farm offers raw milk and farm fresh eggs. They are milking purebred Jersey cows that are grassfed in the summer. Shares are available.