Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact email@example.com.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
- Clearview Valley Farm: an Amish family farm in Quarryville, PA, that can ship directly to your door. Offering grassfed food nationwide at www.clearviewvalleyfarm.com or feel free to contact the farmer directly at 717-786-0877 or email Abnerlapp@gmail.com. All the products are free of chemicals, soy, antibiotics and hormones, They sell 100 percent raw A2 cows milk from Jersey cows, 15 different kinds of cheese, butter, yogurt, kefir, heavy cream, and sour cream. Raw goat and sheep milk. Soy-free pastured eggs, (brown and blue-green). 100 percent grassfed beef and veal. Pork, lamb, turkey, rabbit, and chicken. Sausage, steaks, bone broths, ground meats, and jerky. A private membership association. Contact them to become a member.
- Meadow Ridge Farm: phone: 717-530-5999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: myrealfoods.com/
MeadowRidgeFarm. A private membership club only, with delivery sites in southern NY (including NYC and LI), NJ, CT, MD, northern WV, eastern OH, and northern and eastern VA. Free delivery on more than 350 products to any of their delivery sites. To start a new delivery site in your area, call farmer Merv directly. All products are produced in the Weston A. Price traditions, employing practices that are organic, sustainable, humane, and environmentally conscious, and completely free of soy, hormones, GMOs and antibiotics. Their extensive list of products include the following: 100 percent grassfed Devon beef and lamb. Raw A2 milk from 100 percent grassfed Jersey cows; 12 varieties of raw milk cow cheeses, cottage cheese, yogurt, cream, butter, and kefir, all made with raw A2 milk. Raw goat milk, cheeses, butter, yogurt, kefir, their custom probiotic goat drink, as well as pastured goat meat. Camel milk; sheep milk and cheeses. Pastured chicken, pork, turkey, and duck. Free range chicken and duck eggs. Nutrient dense bone broth from beef, chicken, turkey, lamb and duck. Crispy nuts; breads, brownies, granola and bars; potato chips; fermented kimchi, sauerkraut; beet kvass, kombucha; cabbage juice tonic, pickles, ginger ale, ketchup, grape cooler, homemade super tonic, beets, ginger carrots, and mayonnaise; raw honey and maple syrup; wild-caught salmon and haddock; raw cow and goat milk ice creams; Green Pasture Blue Ice Oils; homemade goat milk soaps, and much more. They also offer insulated/ice-packed FedEx Ground shipping of their goat/lamb meat and goat dairy products only. To view their entire list of products, ingredients, prices and delivery sites, simply go to their ordering site and click on the “Join” button to register and to learn more about their food buying club.
- Rocky Ridge Dairy, phone: 717-284-0466. Looking to start more buying clubs. Will ship. Private membership association. Raw cow, goat, sheep and camel milk and dairy products; fermented vegetables, kombucha, beet kvass, soaked nuts, raw honey, maple syrup, popcorn, potato chips, ghee, pumpkin puree, olive oil, breads, muffins, beef, pork, lard, lamb, chicken, eggs, duck, stocks, wild salmon and haddock. No Sunday sales.
- Volga: Sanctuary Hollow Farm, Lavilla Daniels, 399 Mount Hebron Road Volga, WV 26238. phone: 304-918-3605, email: email@example.com. web: www.sanctuaryhollowfarm.com. Facebook: sanctuaryhollowfarm. Goatshares available. They have a small herd of Nuria goats that are pasture kept. Goats are fed free choice grass hay and minerals. Grain is fed on a limited basis to help maintain body condition and ensure proper growth and development. All animals are tested for TB and Brucellosis annually with new animals quarantined for 30 days upon arrival and tested with the first week to ensure animal health. All animals receive annual vaccinations and monthly fecal exams to check for internal parasites and affected animals treated according to veterinarian recommendations. All withdrawal periods are strictly enforced with an additional 10 days to ensure public safety. The farm is open daily from noon to 5:30 pm.
- Huntington: Lucas Farm, Tinia Creamer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.lucasfarmwv.com. Nubian and Saanen dairy goats, Jersey cows. Cows are grassfed. Herdshares offered.
- Harper’s Ferry:
- Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing on Maryland page under Gaithersburg (Montgomery County).
- Pastured/Grassfed Meats and Raw Dairy: raw cow, goat, sheep, and camel milk and milk products–cream, butter, cheeses, yogurt, kefir, and much more. GMO-free/soy-free poultry, eggs, and pastured pork. Grassfed beef, lamb and goat. Fresh vegetables. Raw honey and maple syrup. Fermented foods and drinks and more. Private buying club. Please provide your full name and reason for wanting to join in your inquiry. email: email@example.com.
- Gladesville: Colossians 2:16 Farm, Ernie & Katie Fazenbaker, 2076 Gladesville Rd. Independence, WV, 26374, phone: 304-864-4844 (please no Sunday calls), web: www.Colossians216Farm.com. A private membership association that makes available raw cow milk from a grassfed, grain-free, organically managed dairy herd. They also make raw cream, raw hand churned butter, and greek yogurt. In addition to the dairy products they offer grassfed, grain-free, organically managed beef and all-natural whole hog sausage. All products are produced on the farm where they are sold. Farm tours are included as part of the sign-up process. Members may tour the facilities and see all the animals, how they are cared for, and how all items are produced.
- Tunnelton: Stewart Highland Farm, Amanda B. Stewart 256 Ken Snyder Road Tunnelton, WV 26444; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stewart Highland Farms milks a small number of both cows and goats; cows are either Jersey, Jersey-Angus cross, or Holstein-Angus cross and goats are purebred Alpine or Toggenburg. Management practices follow WV herdshare laws, and the farm feeds grains as needed to ensure health of animals (i.e. avoiding milk fever, ensuring healthy weight and calorie intake through winter months when grass is unavailable); hay is all-natural and produced on premises. Products include milk and cheese—herdshare members receive 2 gallons of product weekly, product to be chosen by member, any combination of raw milk or cheese.
- Cairo: Cisco Kidz Farm, Barb Webb, RR 1 Box 325 Cairo, WV 26337; email: GoatTalkr9@aol.com; phone: 304-628-3791 (leave message). Raw goat milk available from healthy, closed herd.