Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
CREMA is an at-large chapter of Weston A. Price Foundation in California, and a membership organization of raw milk consumers, united to seek parity for raw milk in the milk market, through activism, legislation, and education. Visit their new website: californiarawmilk.org
Miller’s Biodiversity Farm: leave a message at: 717-786-7895. 100 percent grass-fed. 100 percent of their milk is A2-A2. Real nutrient-dense products directly from the farmer. They ship nationally to doors in all 48 contiguous states. Reduced or free delivery to groups in NJ, NY, and MA. Open to establishing new drop sites throughout the US. Willing to be a vendor at your workshop or conference. Products: raw grass-fed milk – cow, goat, sheep and camel, raw yogurt – cow, goat and sheep, raw kefir – cow, goat and sheep, raw cheese – cow, goat and sheep, raw cream, sour cream, cottage cheese w/ cream, butter, ice cream; pasture raised meats – beef, pork and soy-free poultry, soy-free fertile pastured eggs, beef suet, tallow, pork fat, lard, beef and chicken stocks, cultured vegetables, homemade breads, soaked/dried nuts and seeds, raw honey, maple syrup, kombucha, beet kvass. They are a buying club; free to create an account and purchase with them. Visit amishbiofarm.com for details or to place an order. They guarantee customer service and product quality.
IN STORES STATEWIDE:
- Claravale Dairy: web: claravaledairy.com; phone: 831-628-3219. Raw Jersey milk and raw goat milk. Claravale cows eat hay, grain-based dairy feeds, and pastures (read more on their website FAQ). Carried in many stores throughout California.
- Evergreen Acres Goat Dairy, Mike and Jane Hulme, 606 Santa Anita Road, Tres Pinos, CA 95075, web: www.evergreenacresdairy.com, phone: 831-628-3736, email: email@example.com, is a Guernsey goat breeder and Grade A certified producer of high butter fat raw goat milk, goat milk products and cheese. Raw cultured goat milk products: raw goatgirt, raw kefir and raw aged goat cheese (feta and cheshire). Carried in many stores throughout California.
- Organic Pastures: web: organicpastures.com; phone: 559-846-9732 or 877-Raw-Milk. A mixed breed herd feeds on irrigated green pasture at least eight months of the year and also receives a mixture of organic corn, oats, and alfalfa plus organically approved mineral supplements and salt. Carried in many stores throughout California.
- San Martin Milk Company, Jeff Whalen, 1565 E. Middle Ave. San Martin, CA 95046. phone: 408-893-8441, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grade A Raw Milk Dairy. order from GrubMarket.com for free delivery to your doorstep (Bay area). LA/ SD will start next 2 months.
- Schoch Family Farmstead: web: schochfamilyfarm.com. Salinas, CA. Raw milk products at farmers markets, grocery stores, and restaurants in Northern California.
Retail Chains: Reader reports on individual stores indicates that many, if not all, outlets of the following grocery chains in California carry raw milk products from the dairies listed above:
- Lassen’s Natural Foods, web: lassens.com
- Mother’s Markets, web: mothersmarket.com
- New Leaf Community Markets, web: newleaf.com
- Sprouts Farmers Markets, web: sprouts.com
Anaheim: Wholesome Choice carries raw Jersey milk from Claravale Dairy.
Anaheim Hills: Mother’s Market, 5759 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd., Anaheim CA 92807, phone: 714-974-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk and Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese.
Atascadero: Rainbow Hill Farm; Sandy or Toni; phone: 805-462-2932. Raw goat milk for pets, cheese, yogurt, crafts, etc., and fertile, free-range chicken eggs. La Mancha and mini-Nubians available.
Auburn: Sunrise Market, 2160 Grass Valley Hwy Auburn, CA 95603. phone: 530-888-8973. website: sunrisenaturalfoods.net. Carries raw milk and raw milk products.
Bakersfield: Lassen’s Natural Foods, 4308 California Ave, Bakersfield CA, 93309; phone: 661-324-6990; web: lassens.com (Lassen stores throughout California). Raw cow milk and cheese and raw goat milk.
Berkeley: Monterey Market, 1550 Hopkins St., Berkeley CA 94707, web: montereymarket.com. Raw cow and goat milk.
- Boulder Creek Goat Farm; web: bouldercreekgoat.com; sells raw goat milk for pets, livestock, and soap-making.
- Forbes Family Ranch, 700 Orman Rd.; Jessica Forbes; phone: 831-338-2663; email: email@example.com. Raw milk, yogurt, cheese, and meat from Nubian, Alpine, Nigerian, and Boer goats fed alfalfa, grains, and pasture. Cheeses include Ricotta, Mozzarella, and many flavors of Chevre. Seasonal grain-fed turkeys. Chicken and eggs; fed lay pellets and free range.
Bonsall: Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or text: 858-722-4181. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
Brea: Mother’s Market, 413 S Associated Road, Brea CA 92821-5802, phone: 714-990-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk and Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese.
- Full O’ Life: sells Claravale raw milk and cheese.
- Sprouts: carries raw milk products.
Capitola: New Leaf Community Market carries Claraville raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
Carlsbad: Sprouts on El Camino Real carries raw milk.
Concord: Harvest House Natural Food Store, 2395 Monument Blvd # M Concord CA 94520; phone: 888-655-0728; web: harvesthouse.com. Carries raw dairy products.
Corona: Arranging a buyer group for raw milk. Email for more information: email@example.com .
- Sprouts, Harbor Blvd. Raw milk available.
- Mother’s Market, 1890 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa CA 92627, phone: 949-631-4741, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese, and Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk.
Cotati: Olivers Market, 546 E Cotati Ave., Cotati CA 94931, phone: 707-795-9501. Open Monday to Sunday: 7 am to 11 pm. Carries Claravale raw milk.
Cottonwood: Duivenvoorden Farms, Marc and Seth Duivenvoorden, 19490 Draper Road Cottonwood, CA 96022, phone: 530-567-8178, email: Duivenvoordenfarms@gmail.com, web: www.rawmilkdairy.com, Facebook: DuivenvoordenFarms. Raw milk herdshare dairy. Cows are pasture fed. They also feed a small amount of corn in the milk barn and we are introducing a brand new fodder feed system this fall and will be feeding the cows high quality sprouted grains. Our cows are a mixed herd, Holstein, Jersey and Guernsey. Call for more information.
Culver City: Rainbow Acres, 13208 W Washington Blvd, Culver City CA 90066, phone: 310-823-8381. Carries Claravale and Organic Pastures products.
Davis: Davis Food Co-op, 620 G St.; phone: 530-758-2667; web: daviscoop.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk and several raw cheeses.
Diamond Bar: Diamond Fresh Farmers Market, 21168 Golden Springs Dr, Diamond Bar, CA 91765. Carries Claravale raw milk and raw goat milk.
East Bay: Sprouts carries raw dairy products.
El Centro: The Sprouts Farmers Market, in Yuma, Az. (1590 S 4th Ave.) offers Fond Du Lac Farms raw milk in half gallons.
Elk Grove: Sprouts on Laguna Blvd carries raw and organic dairy products.
- Sprouts: 510 West 13th Ave, Escondido CA 92025-5699, web: henrysmarkets.com, phone: 760-743-1528. Organic Pastures raw whole milk.
- Jimbo’s Natural Foods/4S Ranch Stores carry raw milk, raw butter, and raw colostrum from Organic Pastures.
- Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or text: 858-722-4181. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
Fairfax: Good Earth, 1966 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Fairfax CA 94930; phone: 415-454-0123 or 415-456-3418; web: goodearthnaturalfoods.net. Carries both Claravale and Organic Pastures, including Claravale whole raw cream. One of the only stores in the area to carry raw milk products after Whole Foods in San Rafael decided to not sell raw milk.
Fallbrook: Major Market, 845 S. Main Ave. Fallbrook, CA 92028, phone: 760-723-0857. Offers Organic Pastures raw cow milk.
Felton: New Leaf Community Market carries Claraville raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
Fresno: Organic Pastures Dairy Company, 7221 So. Jameson, Fresno CA 93706; phone: 1-877-RAW-MILK; web: organicpastures.com. Full line of retail-approved, inspected raw, pasture-fed (plus grain at milking time) dairy products, including: raw milk, butter, cream, cheese, kefir, colostrum, and more. See website for details.
Half Moon Bay: New Leaf Community Market carries Claraville raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
Hanford: HHH Farms Kings HHH Dairy Goats, 6779 16th Ave, Hanford CA 93230; phone: 559-273-7642: web: tripplehfarms.com; email: email@example.com (place herdshare in subject line). Dairy goat herdshares.
Huntington Beach: Mother’s Market, 19770 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach CA 92648, phone: 714-963-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese, and Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk.
- Mother’s Market, 2963 Michelson Dr., Irvine CA 92612, phone: 949-752-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese, and Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk.
- Sprouts Farmers Market in Irvine, CA has raw milk and cream.
Isla Vista: The Isla Vista Food Coop, 6575 Seville Rd., Isla Vista; phone: 805-968-1401; web: islavistafood.coop. Open 8am to 10pm daily. Carry Organic Pastures products: raw whole milk, colostrum, cream, butter, cultured butter, and cheese.
- Riverwood Oaks Farm: Heather and Kierstin, phone: 760-443-7122, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alpine and Nubian goats, organic grain, well water, natural health management. Milk is $5/quart. Cheese and yogurt upon request. Farm tours available, including goat yoga.
- Raw goat milk available, call 760-889-3868 for more information.
Laguna Woods: Mother’s Market, 24165 Paseo de Valencia Laguna Woods CA 92653, phone: 949-768-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese, and Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk.
Lakeport: Yerba Santa Goat Dairy; phone: 707-263-8131. Raw cheese from grass-fed goats.
Lincoln: Bannister Oak Farms, Todd & Sherry Kruger, 7535 S. Forbes Rd. Lincoln, CA 95648, phone: 916-949-8934, email: email@example.com, Facebook: Bannister Oak Farms. The Krugers’ have a raw milk Herd Share Program. They offer delivery to nine milk drop locations in the greater Sacramento area. They are the care takers of Jersey cows and Alpine goats. The animals are mainly grass fed, pastured on 5 acres with a supplement of alfalfa,oat hay and kelp, and the animals receive a small portion of non GMO grain at milking. A dairy laboratory is used to test their milk monthly to insure the highest safety standards for their herd share owners and families. Farm tours are encouraged. Please call for more information on prices, hours and availability.
- Caprine Cream, Nan Kerbo, phone: 559-302-8401, email:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Goat milk, colostrum, and soap from Nigerian Dwarf, Alpine, Lamancha, and Nubian goats. Mostly pasture fed plus local hay. TB testing.
- Three Sisters Farmstead Cheese, 24163 Road 188, Lindsay CA 93247; phone: 559-562-2132; email: email@example.com; web: threesisterscheese.com. An American original Italian-style cheese made from a family herd of Jersey cows. It’s neither sharp nor salty with a slight bite that Parmesan imparts and the sweetness and nuttiness typical of Gruyere.
Loch Lomond: Dino’s Market, 10336 Loch Lomond Rd. Carries Organic Pastures milk, cream and butter, and Landmark raw goat cheese.
- Eagle Rock: Organix Market, 1731 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90041, web: http://www.organix-la.com/. Carries raw cow milk and can order raw goat milk.
- Erewhon, 7660 E Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90036; phone: 323-937-0777. Raw cow and goat milk.
- Los Feliz: Lassen’s Natural Foods & Vitamins, 2080 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles CA, 90027, lassens.com, carries raw cow and goat milk according to a reader. Does anyone know if all the Lassens locations in CA carry raw milk?
Madera: K Ranch Creamery, Steve & Audrey Kohout phone:559-676-2072, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.kranchcreamery.com. Jersey Dairy herd share. No grains except barley and soaked beet pulp. Pasture raised chickens, pasture milk pork, grass fed beef. Farm Girls Soap and natural products made with cow milk and essential oils. Tallow balm made from our grass fed beef cattle. All products made at their ranch. Weston Price members and Farm to Consumer legal defense members. Please call for more information.
Malibu: Pacific Coast Greens, 22601 Pacific Coast Hwy. Claravale raw milk delivered every Saturday; usually sells out by Sunday evening.
Marina Del Rey: Rainbow Acres, 4756 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey CA 90292, phone: 310-823-5373. Carries Claravale and Organic Pastures raw milk.
Mount Shasta: Kid Creek Pastures, Jacob and Shawna Barr, 507 S Old Stage Road, Mount Shasta, CA 96067. email: email@example.com, website: www.kidcreekpastures.com, Facebook: KidCreekPastures. Herdshare: three Jersey cows, fed pastures, hay, fodder (sprouted grains), no GMOs. Herd ownership and farm membership required. See website for details. Share fees: $78-$156 per quarter, depending on quantity of product desired. Fluid raw milk only. A RAWMI LISTED farm conducting bacterial milk testing monthly and adhering to a well developed processing plan to ensure sanitary conditions. See our Milk Quality Plan on our website.
Mountain View: Ava’s Downtown Market & Deli, 340 Castro St., Mountain View CA 94041; phone: 650-961-5652; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: avasdowntownmarket.com. Carries Claravale raw whole milk.
Oceanside: Sprouts, 471 College Blvd., Oceanside CA 92057 (Hwy 76 & College Blvd), phone: 760-726-7274, web: Sprouts Stores. Carries raw milk and raw cultured butter.
Ojai (Ventura County): Rainbow Bridge Natural Food Store carries the Organic Pastures line of raw cow milk products. Web: rainbowbridgeojai.com.
Orange: Sprouts carries Organic Pastures
Palm Springs: Coachella Valley offers raw milk products; Ms. Laura Laffranchini, Owner. Harvest Health Foods, 73910 State Hwy 111, Ste. D, Palm Desert CA 92260; phone: 760-346-3215.
Paso Robles: Davis Organic Farm; phone: 805-423-1153; email: email@example.com. Raw cow and goat milk available for animal and craft use. Hand milked. No hormones or antibiotics used. Free-range chicken and duck eggs; organic fruits and vegetables in season.
- Placerville Natural Foods Co-op, 535 Placerville Drive, Placerville CA 95667; phone: 530-621-3663.
- Free Hand Farm, Spencer & Melissa Tregilgas, 941 Cold Springs Rd., Placerville, CA, 95667, phone: 530-295-9458, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.freehandfarm.com, Facebook: freehandfarm. Milking herd of three Jersey and Shorthorn cows, on holistically managed pasture all year, fed supplemental grass and alfalfa hay, minerals, and a very small amount of sprouted barley. Herdshare, raw milk available exclusively to share owners. Milk tested weekly for bacteria counts to assure quality. Located near Hwy 50 in the Coloma/Lotus area. Please call ahead to schedule a tour or learn more about the farm. Pastured eggs from hens fed sprouted barley and milk, pastured broilers, pastured pork and grass fed lamb available on farm as well.
Pleasanton: Valley Health Mill, 3037 Hopyard Rd, Ste J, Pleasanton CA 94588. Health Food Store carries Organic Pastures raw milk, raw cream and raw butter.
- Giacomini Family’s Farmstead Cheese; web: pointreyescheese.com. Original Blue raw milk cheese from Grade A raw milk from a closed herd of pastured Holstein cows. Order online or available at many stores across the country; see website for retailer listing.
- Palace Market, 11300 California 1, Point Reyes Station CA, phone; 415-663-1016, web: palacemarket.com. Claravale raw milk sold in quarts. Store receives delivery every Friday at 8 a.m.
Poway (San Diego county): Urban Acres Farm, Poway CA, Jena Williams; email: email@example.com. Fresh and frozen raw goat milk for pet use from Nubian and Nigerian Dwarf goats. Milk tested monthly for butterfat, protein, somatic cell counts, and random pathogen testing at a dairy lab.
- Lindy Haven Goats, Linda J. Pannill-Smith; phone: 760-788-1172; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk for pet consumption. Goatshares. Goat milk fudge, kefir, fresh Chevre cheese for pets. Goat kids for sale Nubian, Mini Nubian, Mini Toggenburg, Nigerian Dwarf, Boer-crosses, NuMancha, and Nigora. NOTE FROM THE FARMER: She has been experiencing some health issues and is interested in offering a barter deal: “If someone can do the milking, plus help clean the milking equipment ( she has a milking machine ) they can have half the milk harvest. Need maybe 2 – 5 people or more. Just enough so at least one person can milk once a day, everyday. If you milk whole herd, we should get at least six or more gallons a day. The person needs to bring their own containers and an ice-filled cooler for their half of the milk.”
- Nubian Goat Barn, D St, Ramona CA, 92065; email: email@example.com. Hand-milked fresh and frozen raw goat milk for pet consumption and craft use only. Purebred Nubian goat kids available for sale as well as handmade soap (goat milk, vegan & all-natural), natural laundry soap, and flax seed hot/cold pads. They are a small family farm with a herd of registered Purebred Anglo Nubian goats feeding on grass hay and graze. Located in town, pick up only, no delivery.
- Ramona Family Naturals, 642 Main Street, Ramona CA 92065; phone: 800-778-3515; web: RamonaFamilyNaturals.com. Organic Pastures and Claravale raw milk products available. Weekly deliveries from the dairy. Call or order online for delivery or pick-up at 26178 Matlin Road, Ramona CA 92065. See website for more information.
Rancho Mirage: Clark’s Nutrition & Natural Food Market, 34175 Monterey Ave. Rancho Mirage, CA 92270; phone: 760-324-4626; web: clarksnutrition.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk, cream, butter and kefir.
Riverside: Goodwin’s Organics, 191 W. Big Springs Rd, Riverside CA 92507; phone: 951-682-2667; web: goodwinsorganics.com. Carry Organic Pastures products; also deliver to home in Inland empire.
Roseville: Sunrise Market, 1950 Douglas Blvd. Roseville, CA 95603. phone: 916-789-8591. website: sunrisenaturalfoods.net. Carries raw milk and raw milk products.
Sacramento: Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op, 1900 Alhambra Boulevard, Sacramento CA 95816; phone: 916-455-2667; web: sacfoodcoop.com. Organic Pastures and Clarevale raw milk.
Salinas: Star Market, 1275 S. Main St., Salinas, CA 93901. phone: 831-422-3651, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: starmkt.com, Facebook: starmkt. Raw cow’s milk from Organic Pastures, Claraville, and Schoch Family Farm, $18-$20/gal. Raw cream from Organic Pastures and Claraville, $9/pint. Raw cheeses from Schoch Family Farm and other artisans, $12-$20/lb. Store Hours: Monday-Saturday 8:30am-8:30pm, Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm.
San Bernardino/Riverside County: Co-op, Carries Organic Pastures Raw dairy products.
- Jimbo’s Natural Foods/4S Ranch Stores carries raw milk, raw butter, and raw colostrum from Organic Pastures.
- Lindy Haven Goat Farm, Linda J. Pannill-Smith, phone: 760-788-1172; email: email@example.com. Raw goat milk for pet consumption. Goatshares. Goat milk fudge, kefir, fresh Chevre cheese for pets. Goat kids for sale Nubian, Mini Nubian, Mini Toggenburg, Nigerian Dwarf, Boer-crosses, NuMancha, and Nigora. NOTE FROM THE FARMER: She has been experiencing some health issues and is interested in offering a barter deal: “If someone can do the milking, plus help clean the milking equipment (she has a milking machine ) they can have half the milk harvest. Need maybe 2 – 5 people or more. Just enough so at least one person can milk once a day, everyday. If you milk whole herd, we should get at least six or more gallons a day. The person needs to bring their own containers and an ice-filled cooler for their half of the milk.”
- Old Wagon Dairy, Mike McCright; phone: 760-749-3538; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. A cooperatively owned raw goat dairy providing fresh milk, yogurt, kefir, cheeses, colostrum and occasionally cream to its members.
- Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. email: email@example.com. Or text: 858-722-4181. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
San Dimas: Vitamin City Health Food, 642 West Arrow Highway, San Dimas CA 91773; phone: 909-592-5131. Organic Pastures whole milk, cream, colostrum, butter, and kefir.
- The Good Life Grocery carries Claravale raw milk at both locations: 1524 20th St San Francisco CA 94107; phone: 415-282-9204; and Bernal Heights, 448 Cortland Ave, San Francisco CA 94110; phone: 415-648.3221.
- Little Vine, 1541 Grant Avenue, San Francisco CA 94133; phone: 415-738-2221; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: shoplittlevine.com. Claravale raw milk products as well as many raw cheeses from Sierra Nevada, Bellwether Farm, and Meadow Creek Farm. All cow milk so far, but looking to expand.
- Other Avenues Co-op, 3930 Judah Street, San Francisco CA 94122; phone: 415-661-7475. Open 9am-9pm every day except holidays.
- Rainbow Groceries, 1745 Folsom Street, San Francisco CA 94103; phone: 415-863-0620; email: email@example.com. Open weekdays 9am-9pm.
San Francisco Bay Area:
- Evergreen Acres Goat Dairy is an organic farm land. a pasture raise goat herd located in the hills east of Hollister. You can find their products in six farmers markets in LA at Mar Vista, Torrance, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Beach and Palos Verdes and two in the Bay Area at Los Gatos, San Mateo. Stores carrying their milk are Three Stone Hearth, Berkeley Bowl and El Cerrito Natural Grocery and Berkeley Natural Grocery in the Oakland Area, the Milk Pail, Bianchini, and New Seasons in the South Bay and New Leaf in Half Moon Bay, Felton, West Santa Cruz and Capitola.
- Real Food (Bay Area) CSA, web: realfoodbayarea.com; phone: 408-835-9353. A buying co-op that delivers Claravale raw cow and raw goat milk as well as Claravale cream and pastured, organic, soy-free eggs to over 35 neighborhood locations throughout the San Francisco Bay area every week. They also deliver a wide variety of other WAPF-friendly products.
- GrubMarket.com, a food delivery service in the San Francisco Bay Area, carries raw cow’s milk from Schoch Family Farmstead and Organic Pastures, and raw goat’s milk from Evergreen Acres.
- New Leaf carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Lunardi’s Markets carry Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Sprouts Farmers Market has Organic Pastures raw milk and cream.
San Martin: San Martin Milk Company, Jeff Whalen, 1565 E. Middle Ave. San Martin, CA 95046. phone: 408-893-8441, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grade A Raw Milk Dairy.
Santa Ana: Mother’s Market, 151 E Memory Ln., Santa Ana CA 92705, phone: 714-542-6667, web: mothersmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw cow milk, cream, butter, and cheese, and Claravale Dairy raw cow and goat milk.
- Lazy Acres Market, 302 Meigs Rd., Santa Barbara CA 93109; phone: 805-564-4410; web: lazyacres.com. Raw milk products and large selection of natural/organic meat, produce, and other foods.
- Lassen’s Natural Foods & Vitamins, 5154 Hollister Ave., Santa Barbara CA 93111; phone: 805-683-7696; web: lassens.com. Organic Pastures milk and cream.
Santa Cruz: New Leaf Community Market carries Claraville raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
- Co-opportunity, 1525 Broadway, Santa Monica CA 90404, phone: 310-451-8902. Carries Claravale and Organic Pastures products.
- Desert Farms, Walid Abdul-Wahab, Santa Monica, CA, 90403. phone: 310-430-2096, email: email@example.com, www.desertfarms.com, Facebook: DesertFarms. Camels, pasture-raised, grass fed, no hormones, no antibiotics non homogenized, gluten free. Products: Raw camel milk 16 oz ($18), Raw Camel Milk Kefir 16 oz ($19). Any additional driving directions, farm store hours, call between 5am PST and 9am PST (everyday), Online orders only. Tours are not available at the moment, Products can be found Lassens Market in Los Feliz, Erewhon in Beverly Hills, Wholesome Choice in Orange County, and Natural Frontier Market in New York. Delieveries made to all states and Canada. Delivery dates are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, delivered by Fedex – express, 2 day or overnight option are available.
Santa Rosa: Olivers Market carries Claravale raw milk at both locations. 1) 560 Montecito Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95409, phone: 707-537-7123. Open Monday to Sunday: 7 am to 10 pm. 2) 461 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa CA 95406, phone: 707-284-3530. Open Monday to Sunday: 7 am to 10 pm.
Santee: Sprouts, 9361 Mission Gorge Rd., Santee CA 92071 (Mission Gorge Rd. near Carlton Hills Blvd), phone: 619-562-0145. Hours: Open daily 7am-10pm.Carries Organic Pastures raw milk. In the Santee Marketplace, next to Cox Solution Center near Fedex Kinko’s, Starbucks & US Bank. Across from Lowe’s.
- Andy’s Market, 1691 Highway 116 North, Sebastopol CA 95472, Claravale raw milk.
- Little Farm: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 707-408-COWS (2697).
An organic farm that milks four Jersey cows and a Guernsey. They also have eggs, pork, and beef.
Simi Valley: Lassen’s carries Claravale Dairy and Organic Pastures Dairy Company products.
Siskiyou County: Siskiyou Farm and Food Co-op, Bob and Dusty Copeland, 1912 Timmons Rd, Grenada CA 96038, phone: 530-598-2358, email: email@example.com, Facebook: facebook.com/Farmshares. Small nonprofit food club owning or leasing A2A2 dairy cows plus one Saanan dairy goat. They milk no more than three dairy cows at a time. They follow the RAWMI protocols and use local organic foods. They have 40 acres planted in pasture. Cost to join is $40 to buy an undivided interest into the herd, annual dues are $50 per year. Subscription milk is $125 per one gallon of milk per week for 13 weeks; as available milk is $3/half gallon jar for subscribed herdshare members only. Cheesemaking classes and open farm tours once a session. They are a food club and members share or sell eggs, USDA meats, vegetables, etc. Delivered to local areas. Please call the farm M-F between the hours of 8am-4pm at 530-598-2358.
Sonoma: Sonoma Market, carries Organic Pastures products.
Sonora: Nature’s Whole Food Depot, 19073 Standard Rd., Sonora CA 95370; phone: 209-532-8878; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: natureswholedepot.com. Organic Pastures raw milk, colostrum and other products.
South Pasadena: Grassroots Natural Market, 1119 Fair Oaks Avenue, South Pasadena CA 91030-3311; phone: 626-799-0156; web: grassrootsnaturalmarket.net. Organic Pastures products.
South Lake Tahoe: Grass Roots Natural Foods, 2040 Dunlap Dr. South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-6448, phone: 530-541-7788, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
Southern California: Gourmet on Wheels Inc., web: gourmetsonwheels.com. Artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and more from a mobile truck. All of their products come from grass-fed animals. Many of their cheeses are raw.
Stockton: Artesian Natural Foods, 145 Lincoln Center, Stockton CA 95207; phone: 209-952-8787. Raw milk, colostrum, and raw cream from Organic Pastures Dairy.
- Fresh n’ Easy sells raw cheese
- Sprouts (two locations) carries Organic Pastures raw milk
- Organic Roots health food store (corner of Margarita and Winchester) sells raw cow milk.
Templeton: a little organic farm raises LaMancha goats for hobby milk, farmstead cheese and goat milk soap. See their website for more details about the farm and how they raise the goats: alittleorganicfarm.com
Turlock: It’s Gluten Free, 2911 North Tegner Road, Turlock CA 95380; phone: 209-668-3005; web: itsglutenfreestore.com. Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Sprouts, 14945 Holt Ave., Tustin CA 92780 (Newport Ave. & 1st St), phone: 714-415-4381, web: Sprouts Stores. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Whole Foods carries Claravale Farm whole raw Jersey milk (they also carry the pasteurized and reduced/skimmed versions, so read the labels). No antibiotics or hormones used.
Vacaville: Nugget Markets, 130 Browns Valley Pkwy; phone: 707-469-6900; web: nuggetmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
Ventura: Lassens 4071 E. Main. Carries raw milk products, www.lassens.com
Vista: Frazier Farms Natural Grocery, 225 Vista Village Drive, Vista VA 92083, phone: 760-758-7175, web: frazierfarmsmarket.com/. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
Watsonville: Claravale Dairy; phone: 831-722-7779. Sells raw, Jersey milk in glass quart bottles in many stores throughout California.
Willits: Mariposa Market, 500 South Main St., Willits CA 95490, phone: 707-459-9630, web: mariposamarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
Wilton: Our Ground Up Farm, Susan Muñoz, 12750 Leo Lane Wilton, CA 95693, phone: 916-425-9204, email: email@example.com, Facebook: OurGroundUp. Herdshare: three A2/A2 Jersey cows, green pastures, alfalfa hay, fodder (sprouted barley), no GMOs. Herd ownership required. Fluid raw milk only. A Raw Milk Institute listed farm conducting bacterial milk testing monthly and adhering to a well developed processing plan to ensure sanitary conditions.
Yuba City: New Earth Market, 1475 Tharp Road, Yuba City CA 95993, phone: 530-673-9355, web: newearthmarket.com. Hours Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 8am-8pm. Sells Organic Pastures raw milk.