Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
IN STORES STATEWIDE:
- Claravale Farm: web: claravalefarm.com. phone: 831-628-3219. Raw Jersey milk and raw goat milk. Claravale cows eat hay, grain-based dairy feeds, and pastures. Carried in many stores throughout California.
- Evergreen Acres Goat Dairy, Mike and Jane Hulme, 606 Santa Anita Road, Tres Pinos, CA 95075, web: evergreenacresdairy.com, phone: 831-628-3736, email: email@example.com. A Guernsey goat breeder and Grade A certified producer of high butter fat raw goat milk, goat milk products and cheese. Raw cultured goat milk products: raw goat-gurt, raw kefir, and raw aged goat cheese (feta and cheshire). Carried in many stores throughout California.
- Organic Pastures: web: www.organicpastures.com/find/; phone: 559-846-9732 or 877-Raw-Milk. A mixed breed herd feeds on irrigated green pasture at least eight months of the year and also receives a mixture of organic corn, oats, and alfalfa plus organically approved mineral supplements and salt. Full line of retail-approved, inspected raw, pasture-fed (plus grain at milking time) dairy products, including: raw milk, butter, cream, cheese, kefir, colostrum, and more. See website for details. Carried in many stores throughout California.
- Schoch Family Farmstead: web: schochfamilyfarm.com. Salinas, CA. Raw milk products at farmers markets, grocery stores, and restaurants in Northern California.
Retail Chains: Reader reports on individual stores indicates that many (though perhaps not all) outlets of the following grocery chains in California carry raw milk products from the dairies listed above:
- Lassen’s Natural Foods, web: www.lassens.com
- Mother’s Markets, web: www.mothersmarket.com
- New Leaf Community Markets, web: www.newleaf.com
- Nugget Markets, web: https://www.nuggetmarket.com
- Sprouts Farmers Markets, web: sprouts.com
Southern California: Gourmet on Wheels Inc., web: gourmetsonwheels.com. Artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and more from a mobile truck. All of their products come from grassfed animals. Many of their cheeses are raw.
- Berkeley: Monterey Market, 1550 Hopkins St., Berkeley CA 94707, web: montereymarket.com. Raw cow and goat milk.
- Oakland: Mandela Foods Cooperative, www.mandelagrocery.coop.
- Pleasanton: Valley Health Mill, 3037 Hopyard Rd. Ste. J Pleasanton, CA 94588. Health Food Store carries Organic Pastures raw milk, raw cream and raw butter.
Contra Costa County:
- Concord: Harvest House Natural Food Store, 2395 Monument Blvd # M Concord, CA 94520; phone: 888-655-0728; web: harvesthouse.com. Carries raw dairy products.
- Pleasant Hill: Natural Life Foods, 2638 Pleasant Hill Rd., 94523, web: naturallifefoods.net. Sells Organic Pastures dairy line.
El Dorado County:
- Free Hand Farm, Spencer & Melissa Tregilgas, 941 Cold Springs Rd., Placerville, CA, 95667, phone: 530-295-9458, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: freehandfarm.com, Facebook: freehandfarm. Milking herd of three Jersey and Shorthorn cows, on holistically managed pasture all year, fed supplemental grass and alfalfa hay, minerals, and a very small amount of sprouted barley. Herdshare, raw milk available exclusively to share owners. Milk tested weekly for bacteria counts to assure quality. Located near Hwy. 50 in the Coloma/Lotus area. Please call ahead to schedule a tour or learn more about the farm. Pastured eggs from hens fed sprouted barley and milk, pastured broilers, pastured pork and grassfed lamb available on farm as well.
- Placerville Natural Foods Co-op, 535 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667, phone: 530-621-3663.
- South Lake Tahoe:
- Lakeport: Yerba Santa Goat Dairy, phone: 707-263-8131. Raw cheese from grassfed goats.
- Loch Lomond: Dino’s Market, 10336 Loch Lomond Rd. Carries Organic Pastures milk, cream and butter, and Landmark raw goat cheese.
Los Angeles County:
- Burbank: Sprouts: 1011 N San Fernando Blvd, Burbank, CA 91504
- Culver City: Rainbow Acres, 13208 W Washington Blvd, Culver City CA 90066, phone: 310-823-8381. Carries Claravale and Organic Pastures products.
- Diamond Bar: Diamond Fresh Farmers Market, 21168 Golden Springs Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765. Carries Claravale raw milk and raw goat milk.
- Los Angeles:
- Eagle Rock: Organix Market, 1731 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90041, web: www.organix-la.com. Carries raw cow milk and can order raw goat milk.
- Erewhon, 7660 E Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90036, phone: 323-937-0777. Raw cow and goat milk.
- Malibu: Pacific Coast Greens, 22601 Pacific Coast Hwy. Claravale raw milk delivered every Saturday; usually sells out by Sunday evening.
- San Dimas: Vitamin City Health Food, 642 West Arrow Highway, San Dimas, CA 91773; phone: 909-592-5131. Organic Pastures whole milk, cream, colostrum, butter, and kefir.
- Santa Monica:
- Co-opportunity, 1525 Broadway, Santa Monica, CA 90404, phone: 310-451-8902. Carries Claravale and Organic Pastures products.
- Desert Farms, Walid Abdul-Wahab, Santa Monica, CA, 90403. phone: 310-430-2096, email: email@example.com, desertfarms.com, Facebook: DesertFarms. Camels, pasture-raised, grassfed, no hormones, no antibiotics non-homogenized, gluten free. Products: Raw camel milk 16 oz. ($18), raw camel milk kefir 16 oz. ($19). For any additional driving directions, farm store hours, call between 5 am and 9 am Pacific time (every day). Online orders only. Tours are not available at the moment, Products can be found in Lassen’s Market in Los Feliz, Erewhon in Beverly Hills, Wholesome Choice in Orange County, and Natural Frontier Market in New York. Deliveries made to all states and Canada. Delivery dates are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, delivered by Fedex – express, two day or overnight option are available.
- South Pasadena: Grassroots Natural Market, 1119 Fair Oaks Avenue, South Pasadena, CA 91030-3311, phone: 626-799-0156, web: www.grassroots1968.com/. Organic Pastures products.
- Fairfax: Good Earth, 720 Center Blvd., Fairfax CA 94930; phone: 415-454-0123, web: www.genatural.com. Carries both Claravale and Organic Pastures, including Claravale whole raw cream.
- Point Reyes:
- Giacomini Family’s Farmstead Cheese, web: www.pointreyescheese.com. Original Blue raw milk cheese from Grade A raw milk from a closed herd of pastured Holstein cows. Order online or available at many stores across the country; see website for retailer listing.
- Palace Market, 11300 California 1, Point Reyes Station, CA, phone: 415-663-1016, web: com. Claravale raw milk sold in quarts. Store receives delivery every Friday at 8 a.m.
- Willits: Mariposa Market, 500 South Main St., Willits, CA 95490, phone: 707-459-9630, web: mariposamarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Carmel: A raw milk supporter reports that Cornucopia (26135 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Carmel, CA 9392) offers raw milk from Claravale, Organic Pastures and Schoch Family Farmsteads, along with yogurt, cream, raw cheeses, etc.
- Salinas: Star Market, 1275 S. Main St., Salinas, CA 93901. phone: 831-422-3651, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: starmkt.com, Facebook: starmkt. Raw cow milk from Organic Pastures, Claravale, and Schoch Family Farm, $18-$20/gal. Raw cream from Organic Pastures and Claravale, $9/pint. Raw cheeses from Schoch Family Farm and other artisans, $12-$20/lb. Store hours: Mon.-Sat. 8:30 am-8:30 pm, Sunday 9 am-8 pm.
- Anaheim: Wholesome Choice carries raw Jersey milk from Claravale Dairy.
- Tustin: Whole Foods carries Claravale Farm whole raw Jersey milk (they also carry the pasteurized and reduced/skimmed versions, so read the labels). No antibiotics or hormones used.
- Truckee: Happy Cows, Happy Neighbors (Gardnerville, NV) has a pickup point here. Visit the farm listing on the Nevada page for more information.
- Auburn: Sunrise Market, 2160 Grass Valley Hwy. Auburn, CA 95603. phone: 530-888-8973. web: sunrisenaturalfoods.net. Carries raw milk and raw milk products.
- Lincoln: Bannister Oak Farms, Todd & Sherry Kruger, 7535 S. Forbes Rd. Lincoln, CA 95648, phone: 916-949-8934, email: email@example.com, Facebook: Bannister Oak Farms. The Krugers have a raw milk herdshare program. They offer delivery to nine milk drop locations in the greater Sacramento area. They are the caretakers of Jersey cows and Alpine goats. The animals are mainly grassfed, pastured on five acres with a supplement of alfalfa, oat hay and kelp, and the animals receive a small portion of non-GMO grain at milking. A dairy laboratory is used to test their milk monthly to insure the highest safety standards for their herdshare owners and families. Farm tours are encouraged. Please call for more information on prices, hours and availability.
- Roseville: Sunrise Market, 1950 Douglas Blvd. Roseville, CA 95603, phone: 916-789-8591, website: sunrisenaturalfoods.net. Carries raw milk and raw milk products.
- Corona: Arranging a buyer group for raw milk. Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Palm Springs: Coachella Valley, Laura Laffranchini, offers raw milk products; Harvest Health Foods, 73910 State Hwy. 111, Ste. D, Palm Desert, CA 92260, phone: 760-346-3215.
- Rancho Mirage: Clark’s Nutrition & Natural Food Market, 34175 Monterey Ave. Rancho Mirage, CA 92270, phone: 760-324-4626, web: clarksnutrition.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk, cream, butter and kefir.
- Riverside: Goodwin’s Organics, 191 W. Big Springs Rd., Riverside, CA 92507; phone: 951-682-2667; web: goodwinsorganics.com. Carry Organic Pastures products; also deliver to home in Inland empire.
- Fresh n’ Easy sells raw cheese
- Organic Roots health food store (corner of Margarita and Winchester) sells raw cow milk.
- Sacramento: Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op, 1900 Alhambra Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95816, phone: 916-455-2667, web: sacfoodcoop.com. Organic Pastures and Claravale raw milk.
- Wilton: Our Ground Up Farm, Susan Muñoz, 12750 Leo Lane Wilton, CA 95693, phone: 916-425-9204, email: email@example.com, Facebook: OurGroundUp. Herdshare: three A2/A2 Jersey cows, green pastures, alfalfa hay, fodder (sprouted barley), no GMOs. Herd ownership required. Fluid raw milk only. A Raw Milk Institute listed farm conducting bacterial milk testing monthly and adhering to a well-developed processing plan to ensure sanitary conditions.
San Bernadino County:
- Apple Valley: Mary’s Raw Goat Milk, Mary Erstad, phone: 760-961-1290; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: marysrawgoatsmilk.com. Raw goat milk from heritage Nubians.
- Pinon Hills: Rainbow Ranch Farms, Xenia, phone: 760-868-6206; email: email@example.com; web: localharvest.org/rainbow-ranch-farms-M9885. Raw whey and cheese from raw cow milk.
- San Bernardino/Riverside County Co-op, Carries Organic Pastures Raw dairy products.
San Diego County:
- Bonsall: Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or text: 858-722-4181. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
- Carlsbad: Jimbo’s Natural Foodscarry raw milk and raw cream from Claravale; raw milk, raw butter, raw cream and raw colostrum from Organic Pastures.
- Jimbo’s Natural Foodscarry raw milk and raw cream from Claravale; raw milk, raw butter, raw cream and raw colostrum from Organic Pastures.
- Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. email: email@example.com. Or text: 858-722-4181. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido, or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
- Fallbrook: Major Market, 845 S. Main Ave. Fallbrook, CA 92028, phone: 760-723-0857. Offers Organic Pastures raw cow milk.
- Riverwood Oaks Farm: Heather and Kierstin, phone: 760-443-7122, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alpine and Nubian goats, organic grain, well water, natural health management. Milk is $5/quart. Cheese and yogurt upon request. Farm tours available, including goat yoga.
- Raw goat milk available, call 760-889-3868 for more information.
- Poway: Urban Acres Farm, Jena Williams; email: email@example.com. Fresh and frozen raw goat milk for pet use from Nubian and Nigerian Dwarf goats. Milk tested monthly for butterfat, protein, somatic cell counts, and random pathogen testing at a dairy lab.
- Lindy Haven Goats, Linda J. Pannill-Smith, phone: 760-788-1172, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk for pet consumption. Goatshares. Goat milk fudge, kefir, fresh Chevre cheese for pets. Goat kids for sale Nubian, Mini Nubian, Mini Toggenburg, Nigerian Dwarf, Boer-crosses, NuMancha, and Nigora. NOTE FROM THE FARMER: She has been experiencing some health issues and is interested in offering a barter deal: “If someone can do the milking, plus help clean the milking equipment (she has a milking machine) they can have half the milk harvest. Need maybe 2 – 5 people or more. Just enough so at least one person can milk once a day, everyday. If you milk whole herd, we should get at least six or more gallons a day. The person needs to bring their own containers and an ice-filled cooler for their half of the milk.”
- Nubian Goat Barn, D St. Ramona, CA, 92065; email: email@example.com. Hand-milked fresh and frozen raw goat milk for pet consumption and craft use only. Purebred Nubian goat kids available for sale as well as handmade soap (goat milk, vegan and all-natural), natural laundry soap, and flaxseed hot/cold pads. They are a small family farm with a herd of registered Purebred Anglo Nubian goats feeding on grass hay and graze. Located in town, pick up only, no delivery.
- Ramona Family Naturals, 642 Main Street, Ramona, CA 92065; phone: 800-778-3515, web: com. Organic Pastures and Claravale raw milk products available. Weekly deliveries from the dairy. Call or order online for delivery or pick-up at 26178 Matlin Road, Ramona CA 92065. See website for more information.
- San Diego:
- Jimbo’s Natural Foods 4S Ranch & Downtown stores carry raw milk and raw cream from Claravale; raw milk, raw butter, raw cream and raw colostrum from Organic Pastures.
- Lindy Haven Goat Farm, Linda J. Pannill-Smith, phone: 760-788-1172; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk for pet consumption. Goatshares. Goat milk fudge, kefir, fresh Chevre cheese for pets. Goat kids for sale Nubian, Mini Nubian, Mini Toggenburg, Nigerian Dwarf, Boer-crosses, NuMancha, and Nigora. NOTE FROM THE FARMER: She has been experiencing some health issues and is interested in offering a barter deal: “If someone can do the milking, plus help clean the milking equipment (she has a milking machine) they can have half the milk harvest. Need maybe 2 – 5 people or more. Just enough so at least one person can milk once a day, every day. If you milk whole herd, we should get at least six or more gallons a day. The person needs to bring their own containers and an ice-filled cooler for their half of the milk.”
- Old Wagon Dairy, Mike McCright; phone: 760-749-3538; email: email@example.com. A cooperatively owned raw goat dairy providing fresh milk, yogurt, kefir, cheeses, colostrum and occasionally cream to its members.
- Selling raw goat milk for pet and craft purposes. Pick up in Bonsall, Escondido, or Old Town San Diego. Milk from mainly Nigerian Dwarf goats. Hand-milked, strained and refrigerated. Goat milk soaps are also available. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or text: 858-722-4181. Please no phone calls unless you are an established customer.
- Vista: Frazier Farms Natural Grocery, 225 Vista Village Drive, Vista, CA 92083, phone: 760-758-7175, web: frazierfarmsmarket.com/. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
San Francisco County:
- The Good Life Grocery carries Claravale raw milk at both locations: 1524 20th St. San Francisco, CA 94107; phone: 415-282-9204; and Bernal Heights, 448 Cortland Ave., San Francisco, CA 94110; phone: 415-648-3221.
- Little Vine, 1541 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133; phone: 415-738-2221; email: email@example.com; web: shoplittlevine.com. Claravale raw milk products as well as many raw cheeses from Sierra Nevada, Bellwether Farm, and Meadow Creek Farm. All cow milk so far, but looking to expand.
- Other Avenues Co-op, 3930 Judah Street, San Francisco, CA 94122; phone: 415-661-7475. Open 9 am-9 pm every day except holidays.
- Rainbow Groceries, 1745 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94103; phone: 415-863-0620, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open weekdays 9 am-9 pm.
- San Francisco Bay Area:
- Evergreen Acres Goat Dairy is an organic farm land. a pasture-raised goat herd located in the hills east of Hollister. You can find their products in six farmers markets in LA at Mar Vista, Torrance, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Beach and Palos Verdes; and two in the Bay Area at Los Gatos and San Mateo. Stores carrying their milk are Three Stone Hearth, Berkeley Bowl and El Cerrito Natural Grocery, and Berkeley Natural Grocery in the Oakland Area; the Milk Pail, Bianchini, and New Seasons in the South Bay, and New Leaf in Half Moon Bay, Felton, West Santa Cruz and Capitola.
- Real Food (Bay Area) CSA, web: www.realfoodbayarea.com; phone: 408-835-9353. A buying co-op that delivers Claravale raw cow and raw goat milk as well as Claravale cream and pastured, organic, soy-free eggs to over 35 neighborhood locations throughout the San Francisco Bay area every week. They also deliver a wide variety of other WAPF-friendly products.
- GrubMarket.com, a food delivery service in the San Francisco Bay Area, carries raw cow milk from Schoch Family Farmstead and Organic Pastures, and raw goat milk from Evergreen Acres.
San Joaquin County:
- Stockton: Artesian Natural Foods, 145 Lincoln Center, Stockton, CA 95207, phone: 209-952-8787. Raw milk, colostrum, and raw cream from Organic Pastures Dairy.
San Luis Obispo County:
Arroyo Grande: Jersey Joy Farms, 375 Helroy Rd. Arroyo Grande, CA 93420, Lindy Birkholz, phone: 805-714-4048, email: email@example.com. They have a raw milk, herdshare program. Jerseys are A1/A2, fed seasonal pasture, non-GMO alfalfa, oat and grass hay, kelp and minerals. No antibiotics. Local honey and eggs also available. Farm visits welcome. Established 2009. Milk has been lab tested.
- Moore’s Pride Homestead, Katie Moore, phone: 805-674-6453, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: https:
//moorespride.weebly.com/, or follow on social media. Established in 2010, their Lamanchas are lab tested for diseases and fed quality alfalfa hay with fresh grains manufactured locally and free range pasture. They provide raw milk and raw milk products through herdshare program, milk for cheese, yogurt, crafts and pets. Also have free range duck and chicken eggs and seasonal produce. Please feel free to contact them.
- Rainbow Hill Farm; Sandy or Toni; phone: 805-462-2932. Raw goat milk for pets, cheese, yogurt, crafts, etc., and fertile, free-range chicken eggs. La Mancha and mini-Nubians available.
- Moore’s Pride Homestead, Katie Moore, phone: 805-674-6453, email: email@example.com, web: https:
- Paso Robles: Davis Organic Farm; phone: 805-423-1153; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw cow and goat milk available for animal and craft use. Hand milked. No hormones or antibiotics used. Free-range chicken and duck eggs; organic fruits and vegetables in season.
San Mateo County:
- Half Moon Bay: New Leaf Community Market carries Claravale raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
Santa Barbara County:
- Isla Vista: Isla Vista Food Coop, 6575 Seville Rd., Isla Vista; phone: 805-968-1401; web: islavistafood.coop. Open 8 am – 10 pm daily. Carries Organic Pastures products: raw whole milk, colostrum, cream, butter, cultured butter, and cheese.
- Santa Barbara: Lazy Acres Market, 302 Meigs Rd., Santa Barbara CA 93109, phone: 805-564-4410, web: www.lazyacres.com. Raw milk products and large selection of natural/organic meat, produce, and other foods.
Santa Clara County:
- Mountain View: Ava’s Downtown Market & Deli, 340 Castro St., Mountain View, CA 94041; phone: 650-961-5652, Facebook: Avas-Downtown-Market-Deli-326790720682124/. Carries Claravale raw whole milk.
- San Jose:
- New Leaf carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Lunardi’s Markets carry Organic Pastures raw milk.
- San Martin: San Martin Milk Company, 1565 E. Middle Ave.
San Martin, CA, phone: (408) 893-8441. San Martin Milk Company Farm produces 100 percent raw (non-pasteurized) whole milk from Jersey cows. These cows are raised on organic pasture not treated with pesticides and organic supplemental feed. None of the milking herd is treated with antibiotics. Certified raw milk Grade A dairy.
Santa Cruz County:
- Capitola: New Leaf Community Market carries Claraville raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
- Felton: New Leaf Community Market carries Claravale raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
- Santa Cruz: New Leaf Community Market carries Claravale raw milk and Organic Pastures raw milk, raw butter and raw cheese.
- Cottonwood: Duivenvoorden Farms, Marc and Seth Duivenvoorden, 19490 Draper Road Cottonwood, CA 96022, phone: 530-567-8178, email: Duivenvoordenfarms@gmail.com, web: www.rawmilkdairy.com, Facebook: DuivenvoordenFarms. Raw milk herdshare dairy. Cows are 100 percent grassfed with year round pasture, grass hay, and fodder. Cows are a mixed herd, Holstein, Jersey and Guernsey. They have a Grade A milk plant and now offer retail sales in stores in northern California in Redding and Chico, with more to come. Call for more information.
- Grenada: Siskiyou Farm and Food Co-op, Bob and Dusty Copeland, 1912 Timmons Rd, Grenada, CA 96038, phone: 530-598-2358 email: email@example.com, Facebook: facebook.com/Farmshares. Small nonprofit food club owning or leasing A2/A2 dairy cows plus one Saanen dairy goat. They milk no more than three dairy cows at a time. They follow the RAWMI protocols and use local organic foods. They have 40 acres planted in pasture. Cost to join is $40 to buy an undivided interest into the herd, annual dues are $50 per year. Subscription milk is $125 per one gallon of milk per week for 13 weeks; as available milk is $3/half gallon jar for subscribed herdshare members only. Cheesemaking classes and open farm tours once a session. They are a food club and members share or sell eggs, USDA meats, vegetables, etc. Delivered to local areas. Please call the farm Mon.-Fri. between the hours of 8 am-4 pm.
- Bird’s Landing: Located between Fairfield and Rio Vista, on Olsen Rd. Please contact Mary at 707-410-5547. Raw goat milk available from Nigerian Dwarves and Alpine goats. Does are on pasture and alfalfa hay. $6 for a half gallon jar.
- Vacaville: Nugget Markets, 130 Browns Valley Pkwy., phone: 707-469-6900, web: nuggetmarket.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Cotati: Oliver’s Market, 546 E Cotati Ave., Cotati CA 94931, phone: 707-795-9501. Open Mon.-Sun.: 7 am – 11 pm. Carries Claravale raw milk.
- Santa Rosa: Oliver’s Market carries Claravale raw milk at both locations: 1) 560 Montecito Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95409, phone: 707-537-7123. Open Mon.- Sun., 7 am-10 pm. 2) 461 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95406, phone: 707-284-3530. Open Mon.-Sun., 7 am-10 pm.
- Andy’s Market, 1691 Highway 116 North, Sebastopol, CA 95472, Claravale raw milk.
- Little Farm: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 707-408-COWS (2697). An organic farm that milks four Jersey cows and a Guernsey. They also have eggs, pork, and beef.
- Sonoma: Sonoma Market, carries Organic Pastures products.
- Windsor: Oliver’s Market, 9230 Old Redwood Hwy, Windsor, CA 95492, phone: 707-687-2050. Sells raw milk from Organic Pastures and Claravale.
- Yuba City: New Earth Market, 1475 Tharp Road, Yuba City, CA 95993, phone: 530-673-9355, web: newearthmarket.com. Hours Mon.-Sat. 8 am-9 pm, Sun 8 am-8 pm. Sells Organic Pastures raw milk.
- Lindsay: Caprine Cream, Nan Kerbo, phone: 559-302-8401, email: email@example.com. Goat milk, colostrum, and soap from Nigerian Dwarf, Alpine, Lamancha, and Nubian goats. Mostly pasture fed plus local hay. TB testing.
- Sonora: Nature’s Whole Food Depot, 19073 Standard Rd., Sonora, CA 95370, phone: 209-532-8878, contact: natureswholefooddepot.com/#contact, web: natureswholefooddepot.com. Organic Pastures raw milk, colostrum and other products.
- Camarillo: Sprouts sells raw milk (get more information at sprouts.com).
- Ojai: Rainbow Bridge Natural Food Store carries the Organic Pastures line of raw cow milk products. Web: rainbowbridgeojai.com.
- Davis: Davis Food Co-op, 620 G St.; phone: 530-758-2667; web: daviscoop.com. Carries Organic Pastures raw milk and several raw cheeses.