Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Addison / Elmhurst Area: Seven Sons Farms, web: sevensons.net/locations/addison, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Aledo: PopeCreek Valley Farm, 1885 65th Ave. Aledo, IL 61231, phone: 309-582-FOOD (3663) – ask for Amanda, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook group: PopeCreek Valley Farm. They offer pasture raised pork and eggs. New to the farm are Jersey Cows offering whole raw milk. The cows are milked using a self contained milking machine and the milk is quickly placed in a Milkplan quick cooling bulk tank to inhabit possible bacteria growth and promote longevity and freshness.
Algonquin/Barrington/Elgin Area: All Grass Farms, Cliff McConville, 18N681 IL Route 31, Dundee, IL 60118, email: email@example.com, phone: 847-387-3568, web: allgrassfarms.com. Serving the northwest suburbs of Chicago, raw milk from purebred, grass fed Guernsey cows. The Guernsey cows are on pasture every day, with their pasture diet supplemented with a small ration of Certified Organic grain mix and non-GMO beet pulp fed only at milking time. All raw milk distributed through a herdshare program. Other farm-raised products available in farm store include: 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised pork and chicken, pasture-raised/soy-free eggs, fresh vegetables, and raw honey. Chickens are raised on rotated pasture forages supplemented with soy-free organic grain mix. Angus beef are fed 100% grass and hay, never any grain. Please call or email with questions, or visit the website for more details.
Arcola: Rockome Garden Foods, phone: 217-268-4107, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small operation making raw milk cheese from grass-fed Jersey cow milk and grass-fed goat milk obtained from a local Amish farm that does not use drugs or antibiotics. Full cream Cheddar, Havarti, and Chevre cheeses, drinkable yogurt with natural sweeteners, and low-heat pasteurized cow and goat milk available.
Arlington Heights: Arlington Heights Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 620 S. Walnut Ave, Arlington Heights, IL, web: sevensons.net/locations/arlington-heights, phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Aurora / Naperville Area: Seven Sons Farms, web: sevensons.net/locations/naperville, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Barry / West Central Area: Faithful Farm, Linus & Brenda Gingerich and family, 82E 2600th St., Barry IL 62312, phone: 217-336-4036. Raw milk, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, butter, and cream from Grade A dairy cows (Dutch Belted, Jersey, Milking Shorthorn and Guernsey) grazing on pastures and forage. Cow shares are available. Also, goat milk and goat milk products, brown eggs from a flock of soy-free pastured hens and broiler chickens, and turkeys in the fall for Thanksgiving.
Bloomington: Dearing Country Farms, Brad and Jackie Dearing, 16410 N 800 East Rd, phone: 309-963-4932, web: dearingcountryfarms.com. Milk from Nubian and LaMancha goats, grown on the farmstead using sustainable practices and following organic standards. Members of Certified Naturally Grown. Call to schedule a pickup and bring own container as to comply with IL law.
Carol Stream/Barrington/Fairbury/Central Illinois: Golden Guernsey/Hoffman’s Little Acres, Kelly Boge, phone: 608-449-5491 (call or text), email: email@example.com, web: www.iloverawmilk.com. Farm located in Fairbury, IL. Serving Chicagoland, west suburbs and central Illinois. Raw fresh milk from Guernsey and Jersey cows. The cows are not treated with antibiotics unless there is a life threatening situation and growth hormones are never used. The cows are out on pasture spring through fall as well as provided shelter in winter for the colder days. Their diet is supplemented with alfalfa hay and a non-GMO grain mix when it is milking time. They also offer yogurt (made from their cows’ milk) organic eggs (Little Farm on the Prairie), raw honey, organic beef and pork products.
Please refer to website for price information, location pick up sites and maps.
Carlyle: McConauchie Manor Farm, Dr. David and Lynnette Mooth, phone: 314-699-4430, email: Farm@McManor.com, web: McManor.com. Serving St. Louis, Metro-East and Southern IL. Naturally raised, pasture-grazed Jersey and Guernsey cows & Nubian goats. Other grass-fed livestock products, tree fruits, berries, fresh produce, Clydesdale horses. No antibiotics, hormones, pasture chemicals. Milk prices $4/half gallon – this is unprocessed milk with natural cream. Farm is located 35 miles from Metro-east area, 50 miles from St. Louis.
Champaign-Urbana: Joy of Illinois Farm, Les and Penny Gioja, 1689 CR 400E, phone: 217-863-2758, email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk available by the season or half-season share, or by the quart, from Saanen/Alpine Goats. The goats are on pasture spring, summer, and fall, and get hay (from the farm) in winter, plus some grain at milking time. Milk is put in glass quart canning jars. Season for goat milk is March-November; call for availability.
- All Grass Farms, Cliff McConville, 18N681 IL Route 31, Dundee, IL 60118, email: email@example.com, phone: 847-387-3568, web: allgrassfarms.com. Serving the northwest suburbs of Chicago, raw milk from purebred, grass fed Guernsey cows. See full listing under Algonquin.
- Beverly Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 10244 S Longwood Dr, Chicago, IL 60643, web: sevensons.net/locations/beverly, phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
- Downtown Chicago Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 1030 North Larrabee Street, Chicago, IL 60610, web: sevensons.net/locations/downtown-chicago, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
- Edgebrook Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 5901 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL 60646, web: sevensons.net/locations/lincolnwood, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
- Family Farms Cooperative, Richard Hebron, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 269-476-8883. Raw milk products (milk, cream, butter) are now available through a cowshare program. Deliveries are made once every four weeks to Aurora, West Dundee, Forest Park, Highland Park, Edgewater, DesPlaines, and Schaumburg. Email Richard for more details.
- Fresh from the Farm Cooperative, Sheri Giachetto, email: email@example.com, phone: 630-257-9092. Provides local, organic, farm-sourced raw dairy, meats, and produce. Began in May 2001 as a result of the family’s pursuit for high-quality food directly from the farmer/producer. Array of foods from various providers include raw milk, cream, and other raw dairy products; organic grass-fed beef and pork; pastured chickens and eggs; raw honey and bee pollen; and organic produce in the summer months, all from local, independent, organic farmers. Weekly pickups Homer Glen, Winfield, Chicago, South Holland, and Palatine. Currently serving more than 120 families from the Chicago metro area. New members welcome; contact Sheri with any questions.
- Pasture’s Delights, website, social media, pickup locations, email, cell: 260-366-6455. Raw Milk – Ayrshire Cow and Nubian/Toggenburg Goats.
- Raw Milk Farms: Facebook: www.facebook.com/rawmilkfarms. Providing raw milk delivery through a local farm in Illinois as a distributor on a farm-to-consumer basis.
Crystal Lake: Crystal Lake Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 8615 Lakeview ave, Crystal Lake, IL, Web: sevensons.net/locations/crystal-lake, phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Dekalb/Rochelle: Precious Pastures, Emily and Claire Plapp, 387 S Malta Road, Rochelle, IL, 61068, phone: 815-762-6867, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.preciouspastures.com, Facebook: PreciousPastures. Jersey and Guernsey cows, allowed access to large pasture during summer, fed certified organic oats and hay. Prices are listed on our website. Colostrum is sometimes available–check for availability and price. Please call at least 24 hours in advance to make arrangements for pick-up.
Dixon: Windsweep Farm, Renee Sheaffer, 320 Palmyra Rd, Dixon IL 61021, email: email@example.com, phone: 815-973-3224, Facebook. Owned and operated by Sheaffer family for over 70 years, now on their fourth generation. They milk Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, and Holstein, which graze during the growing season and receive a homegrown diet year round. No hormones or antibiotics are used, except antibiotics to help with the recovery from illness or injury, during which time that cow’s milk is discarded. Milk can be picked up daily at the farm; please provide your own containers and call 24 hours ahead to schedule pickup. Naturally raised, pastured beef, pork, lamb, goat, chicken, and eggs are also raised on the farm and available for purchase. Now selling mixed milk or by breed (Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, and Jersey) and quarts of cream.
Elizabeth: Creators Choice, Deborah Rodriguez and Peter Bratko, 3535 Headquarters Rd, Elizabeth IL, phone: 815-312-0912, email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org. This farm near Galena milks one grass-fed Jersey heifer. Raw milk $10/gallon (glass jars provided for $2), butter $5/half-pound. Ten one-gallon slots are available per week. Also available is goat milk at $15/gallon (glass jars provided for $2), goat butter $5/half-pound, goat cheese (cottage, yogurt, cream, sweet and brick) $7/half-pound. Eggs are $3/dozen. They also have Bartlett and Bosc pears grown without chemicals. The farm will also raise your beef, lamb, or turkey. Currently they have four beef cattle (9 months old as of 8/2012) and sell for less than high-end grocery stores. They request 24 hours notice for pick up. Call for directions.
Evanston: Evanston Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 1515 Washington St, Evanston, IL 60202, web: sevensons.net/locations/evanston, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Fairbury: Hoffman’s Little Acres, Scott & Anna Hoffman and children, located about 45 min. NE of Bloomington/Normal, one hour north of Champaign, and under two hours south of Chicago. phone: 309-530-4381 web: www.hoffmanslittleacres.com, Facebook: www.facebook.com/hoffmanslittleacres. They offer raw milk from their small herd of Jersey and Dutch Belted cows, plus raw goat milk from Nubian, Nigerian Dwarf, and Golden Guernsey. Pastured pork from heritage breeds of pigs including Red Wattle, Old Spot, & Large Black. Pastured whole chickens raised in a bottomless coop moved to fresh grass daily.All animals are raised outdoors with shelter and fed transitional feed which is one step above Non-GMO. Free range chicken eggs, handcrafted goat milk soap, lip balm, and honey & maple syrup when in season. Limited supply of beef available. Farm store hours: Mon. 11am – 7pm, Tues. – Fri. 11am – 5pm, Sat. 11am – 2pm, Sun. Closed.
Frankfort / Joliet Area: Seven Sons Farms, web: sevensons.net/locations/frankfort, phone: 877-997-9449. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese and grass-fed meats. Note, the dairy products they sell other than cheese are not raw.
Geneva: Geneva Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 104 N Andover Lane, Geneva, IL 60134, web: sevensons.net/locations/geneva, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Greenview: D-Best Dairy, Fred and Helen, located 18 miles north of Springfield, phone: 217-445-2662. Saanen, Alpine, Nubian and LaMancha breeds producing fresh, sweet milk nearly year round. The does are pastured and supplemented with clover hay along with a small amount of grain at milking time.
La Harpe: Link Farms, Tom and Teresa Link, 2648 East Highway 9 La Harpe, IL, phone: 309-255-4506, email: email@example.com. Jersey Cow, fed no soy, also nurses her own calf. Raw milk available in limited quantities.
Lake/McHenry County Area: Briar Hill, Wauconda, IL, phone: 847-526-9536, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small family farm that has fresh farm products available from livestock and poultry that are grazing freely around the farm during the day and being fed high quality hay and oats as supplement to their diet. Products available include brown chicken and duck eggs from their flock of free range hens for your table or hatching, as well Icelandic fleece wool, peacock feathers, and live or dressed USDA processed and packed Muscovy duck, chicken, guinea, goose and sweet grass turkey, may be available for purchase. No corn, soy, wheat, growth hormones, antibiotics, animal byproducts, or pesticides are used on their farm and they use only organic fertilizers to fortify the fields. All products can be picked up daily at the farm, and Cheese & Hard Cider Workshops are held on a regular basis. They only accept farm visits by appointment, please call 24 hours ahead for further information and to schedule pickup.
LaSalle County, Serena: Alpine Marketing & Sales Inc., 4060 E. 2351st Rd., phone: 815-496-3906, email: email@example.com. On Hoxey Road, 3.5 miles North of Route 23, or 7.5 miles south of Somonauk, Illinois. Registered Herd of alpine dairy goats. Goat milk, cheese and eggs availalbe, April-October.
Lemont: See Chicago area Fresh from the Farm Co-op managed by Sheri Giachetto, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liberty/West Central IL: Zanger’s Wholesome Prairie, Joe and Laura Zanger, phone: 217-430-9884, email: email@example.com. Pasture-fed Guernsey cows, dirt-raised pork, free range chickens, honeybees, and occasionally pasture-fed beef. Products include: raw milk, cheeses, yogurt, butter, cream, broiler chickens, eggs, pork, honey, and beef. Cow shares are available with home/drop point deliveries.
Libertyville: Libertyville Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 29090 Old Rockland Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048, web: sevensons.net/locations/libertyville, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Mt. Carmel: Illini-Acres Dairy Goats, Alice & Leland Marriott, 12635 E 400 Rd., Mt. Carmel IL 62863, phone: 618-298-2469, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.They have maintained a herd of registered dairy goats for over 25 years. Currently have Alpine, Nubian, Saanen, and Toggenburgs. They produce their own hay and feed. Milk available January through October. They sell raw milk according to IL law (bring your own containers).
Northbrook: Northbrook Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 1915 Holste Road, Northbrook, IL 60062, web: sevensons.net/locations/glenview, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Owaneco: Afterthought Farm, Vicki Boliard, 882 North 1700 East Rd., Owaneco IL 62555, phone: 217-565-0381, web: afterthoughtfarm.com. Raw milk year round from French Alpine dairy goats.
Peotone: Lake Sai Farm, Lings, 27750 S 104th Ave Peotone, IL 60468. phone: 312-391-7621, email: Lakesaicorp@gmail.com, web: www.lakesai.com. Raw goat milk and raw yogurt from Nigerian dwarf dairy goats. Organic and free-pasture feed (grains, kelp, minerals, herbs, alfalfa hay).
Quad Cites Area:
- Heart’s Quest Goats, Linda Du Shane, Lynn Center IL, phone: 309-781-3994, email: email@example.com. Dairy animals raised for milk, meat, and show. Fresh milk daily; will lease to approved clientele. Alpine, LaMancha, Saanen & Toggenburg; both registered and grade.
- Windsweep Farm, Renee Sheaffer, Offers pick-up and drop-off in Rock Island. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-973-3224 for location information. See their listing under Dixon or visit their Facebook page for more information about the farm.
Roodhouse: Phone: 217-589-4554. Raw milk available from Jersey cows on all grass diet. Several varieties of raw milk cheeses, butter and grassfed chicken eggs available. Grass fed beef and pork also available.
Shorewood: Shorewood Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 522 Bethany Dr., Shorewood, IL 60404, web: sevensons.net/locations/shorewood, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Springfield area: Curry Heritage Farm, Linda Logan and Kim Curry, Eight miles east of Springfield – 48 S. John Wayne Road, Dawson, IL 62520, phone: 217-691-5539, email: email@example.com. Raw milk, yogurt, butter and ricotta cheese from Jersey cows grazing on grass, fruits and hay in the winter. The cows do eat sweet feed during milking. No hormones, antibiotics or chemical wormers. Also available are chocolate colored eggs from Coco Maran chickens and Freedom Ranger meat birds. Please call before visiting.
Sugar Grove/Oswego: Sugar Grove/Oswego Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 276 Hampton Rd, Sugar Grove, IL 60554, web: sevensons.net/locations/oswego, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Wayne: Giggle Goats, 5N035 Munger Road, phone: 630-392-1898, email: TheOrganicGoat.com, web: TheOrganicGoat.com (in progress). Organic raw goat milk; goats are fed certified organic feeds; Organic eggs from cage free/free roam chickens that graze in pasture and get certified organic feed/scratch; Organic natural honey, where the bees have access to 3,500 acres of forest preserve, as well as an organic fruit orchard and clover field. No manmade products or artificial stimulants used in the hive.
- Carol Stream Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 1030 W. Geneva Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187, web: sevensons.net/locations/carol-stream, phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
- Wheaton Buying Club – Seven Sons Farms, 2230 Barger Court, Wheaton, IL 60189, Web: sevensons.net/locations/oswego, Phone: 877-997-9449, Facebook: sevensonsfarms. Buying club pickup for raw milk cheese, raw camel milk, and pasture-raised meats & eggs.
Yorkville: Timber Creek Farms, web: tcforganics.net. A to-your-door organic produce company that sells raw milk cheese.