Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
- Amaar Milk, Moady Amaar, phone: 862-257-0981, email: email@example.com. Organic grassfed cow and goat dairy products, cheeses, pastured eggs, meats, raw local honey, healthy oils, snacks, more. They deliver to the NY metro area including all of New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester, and also Connecticut. Dairy comes from Pennsylvania farms.
- Amish Clearview Farm in Quarryville, PA, delivering to drop off locations in central, north and west New Jersey, NYC and southern NY. Contact farmer direct: Abner Lapp 717-786-0876. Information line: 712-432-8506, web: www.clearviewfarmpma.com. Pasture raised, 100 percent grassfed beef and dairy, and non-GMO and soy-free fed poultry and eggs. Practices organic and bio-sustainable methods. Private membership association. Farm fresh products include: 100 percent grassfed raw milk, yogurt, kefir, sour cream, butter, cultured butter, cottage cheese, 12 varieties of raw cheeses, and raw ice cream. Goat milk, yogurt and kefir. Sheep milk, plus 5 varieties of sheep cheese. Pastured chicken (soy-free) whole or parts chicken sausage and chicken broth. pastured turkey (soy-free) whole or in parts. Pastured chicken eggs (soy-free), brown (Rhode Island Red) and blue-green eggs (Araucana Chickens), 100 percent grassfed and fully pastured calf steaks, ground and sausage. 100 percent grassfed and fully pastured Black Angus beef, most cuts available, sausage, beef sticks, jerky, bologna, and beef broth. Alaskan salmon-wild caught. Pork-most cuts available. Seasonal produce and herbs. Raw honey, maple syrup, Peanut, cashew, and almond butter. Pet food (all beef, beef and chicken, and turkey available) plus much more. Call farmer direct for prices and a location near you.
- Amish Shepherd’s Hollow Farm, Ben and Emanuel Fisher, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.amishhollowfarm.com. Delivery straight to your door in New York and New Jersey of the following farm fresh foods: grassfed, organic, raw unhomogenized Guernsey breed A2 cow milk, buffalo milk, camel milk, grassfed meats and raw cheeses, healthy meals, variety of delicious locally made condiments and much more.
- Buying Club NYC: email email@example.com, web: nowfarms.com. A private membership club only, home delivered to southern NY (including NYC all 5 boroughs, and LI), NJ, CT, and PA. Raw organic cow and goat milk – grass-fed, A2 type, non-GMO, pastured. Many dairy products like butter, cottage cheese, heavy cream, tvorog, feta, fromage blanc, yogurts, sour cream, cheeses, ghee, half and half, Ryazhenka and Matsoni, etc. Pastured soy-free eggs. Grassfed organic meats like beef, bison, lamb, chicken, duck, goose, turkey. Sausages as well. Wild sustainable caught fish. Raw honey. Fermented vegetables. Maple syrup. Elderberry syrup. Kombucha. Sourdough breads. Local and seasonal fruits, veggies. Flours and grains. Find all of the information on their website listed above. After you register you will be able to place your order. All of the delivery instructions are on their site.
- Green Pasture Farm email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located in central Pennsylvania. Milk comes from grassfed Jersey cow, occasionally they have grassfed meat and poultry. They also have non-GMO and soy-free chicken eggs and some other products. They deliver to New York City, NJ and CT.
- Meadow Ridge Farm: phone: 717-530-5999; email: email@example.com; web: myrealfoods.com/
MeadowRidgeFarm. A private membership club only, with delivery sites in southern NY (including NYC and LI), NJ, CT, MD, northern WV, eastern OH, and northern and eastern VA. Free delivery on more than 350 products to any of their delivery sites. To start a new delivery site in your area, call farmer Merv directly. All products are produced in the Weston A. Price traditions, employing practices that are organic, sustainable, humane, and environmentally conscious, and completely free of soy, hormones, GMOs and antibiotics. Their extensive list of products include the following: 100 percent grassfed Devon beef and lamb. Raw A2 milk from 100 percent grassfed Jersey cows; 12 varieties of raw milk cow cheeses, cottage cheese, yogurt, cream, butter, and kefir, all made with raw A2 milk. Raw goat milk, cheeses, butter, yogurt, kefir, their custom probiotic goat drink, as well as pastured goat meat. Camel milk; sheep milk and cheeses. Pastured chicken, pork, turkey, and duck. Free range chicken and duck eggs. Nutrient dense bone broth from beef, chicken, turkey, lamb and duck. Crispy nuts; breads, brownies, granola and bars; potato chips; fermented kimchi, sauerkraut; beet kvass, kombucha; cabbage juice tonic, pickles, ginger ale, ketchup, grape cooler, homemade super tonic, beets, ginger carrots, and mayonnaise; raw honey and maple syrup; wild-caught salmon and haddock; raw cow and goat milk ice creams; Green Pasture Blue Ice Oils; homemade goat milk soaps, and much more. They also offer insulated/ice-packed FedEx Ground shipping of their goat/lamb meat and goat dairy products only. To view their entire list of products, ingredients, prices and delivery sites, simply go to their ordering site and click on the “Join” button to register and to learn more about their food buying club.
- Miller’s Biodiversity Farm: Miller’s Biodiversity Farm is accepting new group pickup locations. Miller’s produces 100 percent A2 grassfed raw milk, raw cheese, butter, truly pastured meat, pastured eggs, and a wide variety of other nutrient-dense foods. The farmer is certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture as a raw milk producer. You can organize your own group to pick up from the farm. Everyone in your group gets 10 percent off product prices. The farmer packs your group’s orders. You coordinate and pay for your own delivery. If you’re interested in starting a group in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Rocky Ridge Dairy, phone: 717-284-0466. Looking to start more buying clubs. Will ship. Private membership association. Raw cow, goat, sheep and camel milk and dairy products; fermented vegetables, kombucha, beet kvass, soaked nuts, raw honey, maple syrup, popcorn, potato chips, ghee, pumpkin puree, olive oil, breads, muffins, beef, pork, lard, lamb, chicken, eggs, duck, stocks, wild salmon and haddock. No Sunday sales.
- Wyckoff: email@example.com. 100 percent grassfed dairy. Raw milk, cheese, cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, etc. Raw goat milk products, too. Pasture raised, organic poultry and eggs. Woodland raised pork. No antibiotics or hormones used. No soy. Homemade fermented foods and prepared foods, such as; mustard, bread, tomato juice, granola, pizza sauce, etc. Private buying club. Please give your full name and reason for wanting to join when you send an email.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org. A private membership association farm that has drop off points in the area. They offer real milk and milk products from their organically managed, 100 percent grassfed Jersey cows, camel, and water buffalo. They also have pastured sheep and goat milk products. They have 100 percent grassfed beef and lamb, pastured pork, chicken, and turkey. Their eggs are from pastured hens. They also offer soy-free chicken and eggs, as well as soy-free pork. They have a full line of fermented food and beverages, along with local honey, and soap made with their pastured pork lard. Please email them for membership forms and/or to schedule a farm tour.
- Long Valley: Valley Shepherd Creamery, 50 Fairmount Road, Long Valley NJ 07853, phone: 908-876-3200, web: valleyshepherd.com. They make over a dozen raw milk cheeses and yogurt from sheep and cow milk. The cheeses are sold in several farmers markets, to many retail shops nationwide and at their retail center. Educational tours for the public are held on weekends and for schools/scouts/groups on weekdays. They also sell pasture-fed lamb meat, wool blankets, lambskins, and East Frisian dairy sheep breeding stock.
- Rockaway Twp.: email@example.com. 100 percent grassfed dairy. Raw milk, cheese, cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, etc. Raw goat milk products, too. Pasture raised, organic poultry and eggs. Woodland raised pork. No antibiotics or hormones used. No soy. Homemade fermented foods and prepared foods, such as; mustard, bread, tomato juice, granola, pizza sauce, etc. Private buying club. Please give your full name and reason for wanting to join when you send an email.
- Clifton: firstname.lastname@example.org. 100 percent grassfed dairy. Raw milk, cheese, cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, etc. Raw goat milk products, too. Pasture raised, organic poultry and eggs. Woodland raised pork. No antibiotics or hormones used. No soy. Homemade fermented foods and prepared foods, such as; mustard, bread, tomato juice, granola, pizza sauce, etc. Private buying club. Please give your full name and reason for wanting to join when you send an email.
- Sussex: email: Grassfedcarroll@gmail.com. 100 percent grassfed dairy. Raw cow milk, cheese, cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, etc. Raw goat milk products, too. Also, pasture raised organic poultry and eggs. Woodland raised pork. No antibiotics or hormones used. No soy. Some homemade fermented foods are available. They also carry prepared foods such as mustard, breads, tomato juice, granola, pizza sauce, and much more. This is a private buying club. Please give your full name, reason for wanting to join, and in which state you reside when emailing.