Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
- Cari Anderson, email: email@example.com. Raw goat milk $10/gallon. Goats are on grass and alfalfa.
- Northern Dawn Dairy, Peggy, email: trunkbranches at yahoo dot com, Web: dairy.northerndawnnigerians.com/, Facebook: facebook.com/groups/1546158989026851/. The goats are Nigerian Dwarf, Mini Nubian and Nubian. The milk may be used for drinking, soap and lotion, as well as cheeses and yogurt etc. Currently Northern Dawn Dairy is a micro goat share dairy where raw milk is shared for human consumption and non-human consumption. Price charged is equivalent to $7/gallon for regular customers and equivalent to $8/gallon for non-regular customer. One free small sample per person. Animals are grass and alfalfa fed, with a minimum of grain. Does’ udders are shaved, hands and udders cleaned with single use wipes. Milk is quick chilled. Test for somatic cell count monthly and soon to test for bacteria.Tours will be available soon. Milk may be able to be delivered to specific points, time permitting. Prefer farm pickup.
Northern Dawn Dairy is a member of Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund, to better serve our clients.
Heber City: Redmond Heritage Farm Stores, 475 West 910 South, Heber UT 84032, phone: 435-657-3603, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook: realfoods. Raw milk from Redmond Heritage Farms www.redmondfarms.com. See their full listing under Redmond.
Hildale: Finney Farm Home Dairy, Winford “Finney” Barlow, Phone: (435) 874-2827, Web: finneyfarm.com, Email: email@example.com . Raw milk and cheese from Brown Swiss cows. Read his story in testimonials.
Midway: Heber Valley Milk/Kohler Creamery, Grant & Caralee Kohler, 920 North River Road, Midway UT 84049, phone: 435-654-0291, web: hebervalleymilk.com, Facebook: hebervalleycreamery. Raw milk from grass-fed cows. Purchase it in their on-farm store, also known as Kohler Creamery. They also have a raw cheese and other types of cheeses made from their milk, grass-fed beef, local honey, and crafts.
Ogden: Sweet Deseret Farm LLC, Daniel and Elizabeth Babcock Family, 4100 N 2200 W, Ogden UT, phone: 801-392-4771, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: sweetdeseret.com. Naturally raised LaMancha dairy goats on 30 acres of browse. Raw goat milk $12/gallon. Utah State Department of Agriculture and Food inspected and Certified.
Orem: Redmond Heritage Farm Stores, 420 West 800 North, Orem UT 84057, phone: 801-224-0585, email: email@example.com. Facebook: realfoods. Raw milk from Redmond Heritage Farms www.redmondfarms.com. See their full listing under Redmond.
Redmond: Redmond Heritage Farms LLC, Brandon or Jed, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 1-866-391-MILK, web: www.redmondfarms.com or www.realfoodsmarket.com, Facebook: redmondheritagefarms. Utah State inspected and Certified (Utah Department of Agriculture and Food license #49-1351) raw milk from grass-fed cows. Also available, raw milk cheeses from grass-fed cows, eggs from grass-fed chickens, grass-fed beef, and pork fattened on whey. Their raw milk, cheese, eggs, and meat are available at Realfoods Market in Heber City, Orem, Salt Lake City, St. George, Sugarhouse, and Redmond. Farm tours available.
Salt Lake City: Redmond Heritage Farm Stores, 2209 South Highland Drive, SLC UT 84106, Phone: 385-351-2664, email: email@example.com, Facebook: realfoods. Raw milk from Redmond Heritage Farms www.redmondfarms.com. See their full listing under Redmond.
Spanish Fork: C2Farms, Steve and Tina Cordner, 1004 N 1100 E Unit 205, Spanish Fork UT 84660, phone: 435-469-9161, web: c2farms.com.
St. George: Redmond Heritage Farm Stores, 695 South 100 West, St. George UT 84770, phone: 866-244-REAL or 435-652-4372, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: realfoods. Raw milk from Redmond Heritage Farms www.redmondfarms.com. See their full listing under Redmond.
Vernal: Boot Hill Farm, Rick and Bryan Bell, 3075 W 1000 S, phone: 435-828-1914, email: email@example.com, Facebook: Boot Hill Farm. Also listed on Local Harvest and Agri-li-cious. They have Dutch Belt, Normandy, Aryshire, and Brown Swiss cows fed a
strictly grass-based diet and hay in the winter months. They pay strict attention to minerals and the well being of the cows. They use no commercial fertilizer nor herbicides. State permit allows them to sell milk and cream from the farm.
- Drake Family Farm, Jeanette and Ron Drake, West Jordan UT, phone: 801-255-6455, web: drakefamilyfarms.com. Raw goat milk. Reader Comments: A reader notes that this dairy sells raw milk although their website states they do not recommend it, and they make purchasers sign a waiver. Farmer’s response: “It is very difficult and challenging to produce and sell raw milk because of the current legal climate in our state and country. It would be impossible for us to stay in business selling only raw milk. We have yet to make a profit and hope this will be the year we finally do. Our biggest selling product is raw goat milk, but it would not be prudent to make this our only product. Just a few changes in the law or FDA regulations could immediately put us out of business. We must have other products and cater to other customers also. It is very rewarding to provide a healthy product that has been of such great benefit to our customers. I believe our raw goat milk has saved lives and improved the quality of life for entire families. But we hope to be able to earn enough money to stay in business and we need other streams of income besides raw milk in order to do this. Another reason that our website seems to promote pasteurized products is because we want to make our milk inspector happy and let him know that we are educated about pasteurization. We want to have a good relationship with him and with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, not an adversarial one. Thank you to the Weston Price Foundation for their education efforts and for promoting our raw goat milk.”
- Utah Natural Meat & Milk, Shayn & Kristen Bowler, 7400 South 5600 West, West Jordan, UT, 84081, phone: 801-896-FARM, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.utahnaturalmilk.com, Facebook: utahnaturalmeat. Raw milk from grass-fed Jersey cows – milked, bottled, and sold on-site. Available in gallons, half-gallons, and pints. Also selling: raw-milk cheeses, grass-fed beef, lamb and goat, pastured pork, poultry, and eggs. Visit their farm store on the following days: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2-6 pm, Saturdays 9 am-3 pm. Farm tours available.