Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Status of Louisiana-based raw milk: There are no raw milk listings for Louisiana farms at this time. See below for information on a national private buying club. The government has been harassing the only farmers who were attempting to manage a cowshare, and so their listing has been removed for now. According to the regulatory agencies in Louisiana, cowshares are illegal. However, cowshares are a contract known as an agistment, whereby one person is contracted to care for the livestock owned by another person (this arrangement may be more familiar to you as owning a share in a bull or a racehorse). Agistments have a long history of legal precedent dating back to English Common Law. Louisiana residents should be outraged by this infringement of their rights and should take several steps:
- Join the Weston A. Price Foundation and become active in the local Louisiana chapters. As a foundation member you can elect to receive emailed Action Alerts that let you know what you can do to protect your rights to obtain and consume farm foods.
- Join the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (farmtoconsumer.org) as a consumer member ($50/year) or farmer member ($125/year). The fund represents farmers who provide nutrient dense foods, and also protects consumers, including cow share owners, from unwarranted government intrusion.
- Let your representatives and the heads of your regulatory agencies know that you are displeased with their harassment of farmers, and that you are aware of and intend to exercise your right to enter into contractual agreements with farmers to care for and milk cows that you own.
- Form private buying clubs and obtain your farm foods from a farmer in a neighboring state. Let your representatives know that your food dollars are going out of state because of Louisiana regulations.