Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact email@example.com.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
NOTE: Some Maine listings were removed at the farmers’ request because USDA officials are using this site to find farms that offer raw milk and are then harassing them and using scare tactics to get them to stop selling raw milk. Consumers should be outraged at this infringement of their rights. In Maine, raw milk sales are legal both on the farm and in retail stores!
Statewide–For Small & Starting Co-ops/Private Buying Clubs:
- Clearview Valley Farm: an Amish family farm in Quarryville, PA, that can ship directly to your door. Offering grassfed food nationwide at www.clearviewvalleyfarm.com or feel free to contact the farmer directly at 717-786-0877 or email Abnerlapp@gmail.com. All the products are free of chemicals, soy, antibiotics and hormones, They sell 100 percent raw A2 cows milk from Jersey cows, 15 different kinds of cheese, butter, yogurt, kefir, heavy cream, and sour cream. Raw goat and sheep milk. Soy-free pastured eggs, (brown and blue-green). 100 percent grassfed beef and veal. Pork, lamb, turkey, rabbit, and chicken. Sausage, steaks, bone broths, ground meats, and jerky. A private membership association. Contact them to become a member.
- Lisbon: Living Waters Goat Farm, Jeremy, PO Box 211 Lisbon, ME 04252, phone: 207-240-7761, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Goats, raw goat milk, eggs available.
- Turner: Nezinscot Farm, phone: 207-225-3231, web: nezinscotfarm.com
- Brunswick: Morning Glory Natural Foods carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Royal River Natural Foods, 443 US Rt. 1 Freeport, ME, phone: 207- 865-0046, web: com. Carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Winter Hill Farm, phone: 207-869-5122, web: www.winterhillfarm.com, Facebook: Winter-Hill-Farm/217682894949745. Raw whole milk from rare breed Randall cows (and a few Jerseys). Raw milk cheeses, whole milk yogurt, Greek-style yogurt. Pastured organic eggs, whey-fed pastured pork, beef, and rose veal. Farm management is based on grass – seasonal rotational grazing and fermented grass fed in the winter months. Products available at seasonal local farmers markets and at Royal River (Freeport), Bow Street Market (Freeport), Morning Glory (Brunswick), all Rosemont stores, and on farm (email or call at least one day ahead to place an on-farm order).
- Gray: Stillbrook Acres, 309 Mayall Rd. Gray, ME 04039, phone: 207-838-4407, web: http://www.stillbrookacres.com/. They sell A2/A2 golden Guernsey milk in several sizes, yogurts and cheeses from their farm, at farmers markets and at Lois’ Natural. Antibiotic, hormone-free and grassfed.
- Harrison: High View Farm, Bill and Darcy Winslow, 48 Leander Harmon Rd. Harrison, ME 04040, phone: 207-595-1601, email: email@example.com, web: www.high-view-farm.com. They are milking Guernseys and bottle their own milk. They offer raw milk, cream, buttermilk, and butter, and are planning to offer yogurt and cheese.
- Portland: Rosemont Market, 559 Brighton Ave. Portland ME, phone: 207-774-8129; and 88 Congress St. Portland ME, phone: 207-773-7888. Carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Scarborough: Lois’ Natural Marketplace, 152 US Rt. 1 Scarborough, ME 04074, phone: 207-885-0602. Carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Yarmouth: Rosemont Market carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Farmington: Fleur de Lis Farm, web: www.fleurdelisfarmstead.com. Registered Jersey cattle and registered rare-breed Cotswold sheep. Offering raw Jersey milk in glass jars and seasonally available raw sheep milk in summer.
- Phillips: Rothschild Farm, Michael Rothschild, 218 Tory Hill Rd. Phillips, ME 04966, phone: 207-684-3427 or 207-491-2842, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Whole milk, cream, yogurt, butter, greek yogurt, and buttermilk from Jersey cow. Diet consists of organic hay, natural grain, pasture feed in season.
- Amherst: Howling Hill Farm Nigerian Dairy Goats, Brian and Sara Connolly, 45 Smith Rd. Amherst, ME 04605, phone: 207-266-2759, email: email@example.com, web: howlinghillfarm.com, Facebook: facebook.com/howling.h.farm.
- Mariaville: Garden Lore by Storin Acres Farm, Lore Lipkvich, 40 Blueberry Lane Mariaville, ME 04605 (10 miles NW of Ellsworth; 15-20 minutes Ellsworth center), phone: 207-537-LORE (5673), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk from Nubian and Oberhasli dairy goat herd from a licensed milk distributor (they also do pasteurized so be sure to ask for the raw). Seasonal farmstead cheeses including cheddar and several types of gouda made at the farm daily (May through October). Yogurt, yogurt smoothies made with real fruit. No hormones used. Can also be found at many local farmers markets.
- Sullivan: Windy Ridge Farm, Adam & Suzanne Astbury, phone: 207-570-5643, web: https://windyridgefarm.wordpress.com/, Facebook: wrfarm. Raising dairy and beef cows, pigs, Katadin hair sheep, goats, and poultry, for milk, meat, and livestock sales. No hormones used. Grain feed does not contain any animal byproducts. All of their meats are USDA inspected, vacuum sealed and frozen. Meats may be purchased as individual cuts or in variety boxes. No order too small or too large (very large orders may need some lead time, but they do their best to fill them quickly). Direct sales to customers preferred. Delivery available; a small fee applies.
- Waltham: Harmony Mill Farm, 133 Mill Lane, phone: 207-584-2035, email: email@example.com. They sell raw Jersey milk in glass bottles to one health food store and several other stores in the area.
- Albion: Misty Brook Farm, Katia & Brendan Holmes, 156 Bog Rd. Albion, ME, 04910. phone: 207-437-4719, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.mistybrook.com, Facebook: mistybrookorganicfarm. Jersey cows and Friesian sheep, the cow herd has been Certified Organic and 100 percent grassfed since 2005 and the sheep flock is grassfed with only a taste of home grown organic oats during milking. Both the cows and the sheep are rotationally grazed in the growing season and fed hay in the winter months. The farm has been breeding with only A2 bulls since 2009. Organic raw cow milk, half and half, cream, and gouda cheese. Pure raw sheep milk and gouda cheese. Raw cow milk $4.50/half gallon and raw sheep milk $10/half gallon at the farm. Farm store is on the honor system and is open every day of the year. Weekly deliveries to all the health food stores in Maine.
- Benton: Bluebird Pond Farm, Susan Brooks, 92 Bellsqueeze Rd. Benton, ME 04901, phone: 207-453-2762, email: email@example.com. American Dairy Goat Association registered Nigerian Dwarf goats for sale and milk year-round. They raise 4-H project goats to maintain a healthy pasture/browse-fed herd.
- Matinicus: Matinicus Plantation Dairy and Farm, Laura Livingston, 39 South Road, Matinicus, ME, phone: 207-930-9347, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Two Jersey/Dexter milk cows, pasture fed, hand treats of apples and hand picked tall grasses given by locals and visitors. Products sold include real milk ($4 half gallon plus $2 jar deposit), yogurt, cottage cheese, soft cheeses, ice cream, and other farm raised foods like duck eggs, chicken eggs, berries and some veggies. Directions: Look for the two cows, Millie and Mary, in the field across from the post office. The Matinicus farmers market is Wednesdays from 11 am to 1 pm during July and August, and all products on hand are also available at the house, next to the cow’s pasture. Eggs are usually available in the picnic cooler at the end of the driveway.
- Port Clyde: Bittersweet Heritage Farm, Dyan Redick, P. O. Box 5 Port Clyde, ME, 04855, phone: 207-629-7002 (mobile), Maine State Certified Dairy. Raw milk, fresh and aged goat cheeses available directly from the farm in season at local farmers markets in St. George, ME. Retail online cheese sales available. Contact directly by email for other availability. Visits to the farm by appointment only. Registered Purebred Saanen herd. Member American Dairy Goat Association.
- Thomaston: Experienced goat dairy managers are starting a farm in the Thomaston area. They’d like to add raw goat milk to their list of products, but they want to know how much interest there is. They plan on raising goats organically and on pasture. They would be willing to transport milk anywhere in the lower half of the state if enough interest and sales volume permits. If you are interested in purchasing raw goat milk, please email email@example.com with your name, location, and estimated amount you’d like to buy weekly. Please note, they are not producing or selling raw milk at this time, only surveying for interest.
- Washington: Snowy Hill Farm, Cara Lewis, 140 West Washington Rd., phone: 207-845-2574, email: mooME@hotmail.com. Raw Jersey milk, yogurt, mozzarella, and assorted fresh cheeses.
- Damariscotta: Rising Tide carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Whitefield: Chase Farm, PO Box 142, Whitefield, ME, phone: 207-549-7611. Certified Organic raw milk, butter, cream, and baked goods.
- Wicasset: The Morris Farm, phone: 207-882-4080, web: morrisfarm.org. A non-profit educational farm with three milking cows that are rotationally grazed during the growing season and are Certified Organic. They bottle raw, whole milk from Straw Farm in Newcastle and sell it at the farm and in three natural food stores in the midcoast area.
- Greenwood: Imagination Farm, 233 Richardson Hollow Rd. Greenwood, ME, phone: 207-890-2581. Raw milk and cream from Jersey cows, raw butter, sour cream, eggs.
- S. Paris: Rosebeck Farm, E. Oxford Rd., S. Paris, ME, phone: 743-2905. Raw milk, cream, butter, eggs, beef, pork, and chicken.
- West Paris: Gladstone’s Dairy Goats, phone: 207-674-5062 or 207-674-5272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk available at the farm.
- Etna: Hollow Maple Farm, Rick & Diane Kelley, 1872 Stage Rd. Etna, ME 04434, phone: 207-368-5605, email: email@example.com , web: HollowMapleFarm.com. Licensed goat dairy selling raw goat milk and a variety of goat cheese, including feta and mozzarella. Purchase on farm or at area farmers markets: Newport Farmers Market, Saturday 9 am-1 pm; Unity Farmers Market, Saturday 9 am-1 pm; Ohio St. Bangor Farmers Market, Wednesday 2 pm-6 pm.
- Frankfort: White Orchard Farm, phone: 207-223-5525. Their milk is also sold in several stores in the area.
- Levant: Milky Way Organic Farm LLC, Joan Gibson, 358 Stetson Road East, Levant, ME 04456, phone: 207-884-7117, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This 200-year old, 800-acre family dairy farm is state-licensed, with a mixed free-ranging dairy herd. They bottle their own milk daily. No antibiotics or hormones used. Sold in glass jars by the gallon; $4.50/gallon with a $4 bottle deposit. Pick up on-farm daily, noon-8 pm, excluding Sundays. Call a day or two ahead to order. Also farm-raised USDA-inspected beef, eggs, Certified Organic vegetables, and firewood.
- Orono: Old Oak Farm, Scott Belanger and Jennifer Maeverde, 222 Forest Ave. Orono, ME 04473, phone: 207-866-7719, email: Lov2cook4u@yahoo.com. Raw Nubian goat milk and yogurt with other dairy products on the way (they are in the process of transitioning their goats over to organic). Eggs, seedlings and some mixed vegetables. Seasonal Buff Orpington chicks, and if ordered ahead of time, they raise pigs for individuals.
- Bath: Bath Natural Market carries raw milk and free-range eggs from Straw Farm in Newcastle.
- Topsham: Bisson’s Farm, 112 Meadow Rd. Topsham, ME, phone: 207-725-7215. Raw cow milk, butter, meat, and more. Their milk is also available at Farmers Gate Market, 170 Leeds Jct. Road in Wales, ME.
- Pittsfield: Balfour Farm, Doug and Heather Donahue, phone: 207-213-3159, email: email@example.com, web: balfourfarmdairy.com. They sell Certified Organic cow milk products: aged raw milk cheeses, fresh cheeses, cream line whole milk yogurts, low fat Greek yogurts, feta. The farm added goats to the production in 2016. The farm sells at local farmers markets and small grocery stores as listed on website. There are two open farm days each year, one in July and October. check on Facebook for dates.
- St. Albans: Post Family Farm, 185 Square Road, St. Albans, ME 04971, phone: 207-938-2938, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Licensed to sell Certified Organic raw milk, flavored milks, cream, butter, hand-cranked ice cream, and goat milk. Available on the farm, via several milk co-ops, and at area natural food stores.
- Skowhegan: Grassland Organic Farm; Sarah and Garin Smith, 41 Grassland Lane Skowhegan, ME 04976, phone: 207-474-6864. Raw milk in glass bottles available in three sizes for sale at five farmers markets, at specialty food stores, and at the farm, which is licensed by the state of Maine. They have a mixed herd of Jerseys, Linebacks, Holsteins, and Brown Swiss. They also sell Certified Organic beef raised from animals on grass at their farm and seasonal organic vegetables.
- Belmont: Yknot Farm, Susan Littlefield, phone: 207-322-5248, email: email@example.com. Farm store sells raw Jersey milk from cows at Hidden Acres Farm.
- Montville: Second Wind Farm Suzanne and Doug McKnight, 2 Jackson Rd. Montville, ME 04941, phone: 207-589- 4059, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: secondwndfarm. Raw milk available at the farm. Soft cheeses, dips and spreads, and yogurt. Clean tested Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats raised on a family farm.
- Columbia: Udder View Farm, 256 Sacarap Rd., phone: 207-483-2611, email: email@example.com, web: udderviewfarm.com. Raw goat milk and a variety of fresh and aged cheeses from its licensed micro-dairy of Oberhasli dairy goats.
- Jonesboro: Garden Side Dairy, Kim Roos, 13 Looks Point Rd., phone: 207-434-5089, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.hatchknoll.com. Licensed goat dairy selling raw milk, heat-treated yogurt and cheese. They specialize in Swiss breeds and promote family farming and buying local.
- Lubec: Olde Sow Farm and Dairy, Jessika and Dante Zanoni, phone: 207-733-2569, email: email@example.com. Licensed raw milk and dairy products from pastured Jersey cows, ground beef, and pork from their heritage pigs.
- Steuben: Painted Pepper Farm, PO Box 203, 55 Goods Point Rd. Steuben, ME 04680, phone: 207-546-9777, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: facebook.com/PaintedPepperFarm. Diverse organic family farm with licensed Nigerian Goat dairy; licensed to sell raw goat milk and unpasteurized yogurt (plain and flavored). All are packaged in glass. Available on-farm and at three area farmers markets: Bar Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Schoodic/Winter Harbor.
- Acton: MapleStone Farm, Taryn Pearson, phone: 207-206-5521, email: email@example.com (please use subject “CREAMERY ORDER”), web: maplestonelamanchas.com. Lamancha dairy goats allowed acres of pasture and free-choice hay the farm produces. They are given free-choice minerals, annual copper vitamin boluses, sodium bicarbonate, whole grains, and a commercially formulated balancing ration. Vaccinations for Clostridia types C and D, tetanus, and E. coli are given annually as part of the proactive herd health plan. The herd is tested annually for TB and Brucellosis per state law for licensing as well as CAE virus. The herd is 100 percent free of these diseases. The farm and the feed are not Certified Organic, but pesticides and chemicals are not used. Any antibiotic therapies are used only as treatments for the health and well-being of the animals and withdrawal periods are strictly adhered to for human safety. Raw milk for sale in half-gallon plastic ($5 or 2 for $8.50) or glass ($5 with $3 bottle deposit) containers. Discounts offered to regular customers and on bulk purchases. Made to order products include chevre cheese in plain and maple flavor, and yogurt. Open by appointment only. Call or email to arrange an appointment.
- Tragos Trip Farm, Heidi Sampson, 465 Kennebunk Rd. Alfred, ME 04002, phone: 207-324-0307, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living Water Farm, Carie McMahon, 138 Carpenter Hill Alfred, ME 04002, phone: 207-324-7377, email: email@example.com. Small dairy goat farm with registered Nigerian and Nubian goats.
- Cape Neddick: Old Mountain Farm, Cheryle Moore-Smith, 60 Old Mountain Rd. Cape Neddick, ME, phone: 207-351-7032, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk, ADGA and AGS registered Nigerian Dwarf goats, milking and taskstands designed for miniature goats, and low waste hay feeders.
- Kennebunk: New Morning Natural Food Market, 3 York St. Kennebunk, ME 04043, phone: 207-985-6774. Raw milk from Post Family Farm.
- Lebanon: Humble Acres Farm, Cindy Bachand, 15 Knowles Lane Lebanon, ME 04027, phone: 207-324-3486, email: email@example.com, web: humbleacresfarm.com.
- Limington: Wright’s Haven Farm, Ed or Deb Wright, 307 Ossipee Trail (Route 25), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. web: udderandfiber.com. Small, state-licensed dairy with both cow and goat milk, fresh and aged cheese, and other dairy products. Also grassfed beef, pork, veal, lamb, goat, chicken, turkey and eggs (chicken, duck, goose). No antibiotics or hormones used. See full product list on their website.
- Lyman: Brook Ridge Farm 136 Howitt Rd. Lyman, ME 04002, phone: 207-324-6221, email: email@example.com. Organic cow milk.
- Parsonsfield: Downhome Farm, Laura, 343 Moulton Hill Road, phone: 207-793-9699, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat milk and cow milk for pet food only. They filter and chill their dairy products immediately.
- Waterboro: Amethyst Acres Farm, Curtis Gerry, Waterboro, ME 04087, phone: 207-420-0151, email: email@example.com, Facebook: AmethystAcresFarm. ADGA registered Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, raw goat milk. WAPF Member.