Help us further our goal to get legal access to raw milk in all 50 states–only 7 to go!
Click to donate on the Weston A. Price Foundation site.
Caring for Fresh Milk: Consumers’ Guide to Preserving the Quality of Fresh, Unprocessed Whole Milk
by Peggy Beals, RN – www.springhouse-press.com
This 32-page booklet covers the procurement, handling, transportation, storage, and more of this precious, tasty healthy food resource.
$6.00 Fifth Edition, 8 ½ x 5 ½ [PDF details]
Bulk rates available, contact email@example.com.
Click here to order.
Important Message to All Raw Milk Producers and Consumers:
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) protects your right to provide and obtain raw milk. All raw milk producers should be members of the FTCLDF and we strongly encourage all raw milk consumers to help protect their access to raw milk by becoming consumer members as well. www.farmtoconsumer.org
US Listings–Click on a state and the listings will appear below the Notes.
- RAW MILK POLICY STATEMENT: The Weston A. Price Foundation’s goals include promoting a healthy diet for people everywhere, based on natural and traditional foods, and assisting individuals and families in accessing those foods through information, education, and helping to restore the direct relationship between food consumers and food producers. The Foundation believes, based on sound scientific evidence, that raw milk is an important component of a healthy diet. To assist its members and the public in obtaining raw milk, the Foundation publishes a list of farms that produce it, because this information is not otherwise readily and comprehensively available to consumers. Listing of a farm does not imply endorsement by the Foundation. Individuals who purchase raw milk and other natural foods for themselves and their families need to “know their farmer” because they bear the responsibility for ensuring that they are getting safe and healthy products.
- NO ADVERTISING: The Foundation accepts no money for the listings; the listings are not advertisements. All listings are at the sole discretion of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- NO MARKETING: The email addresses listed here are not to be used for any purpose other than to contact the farmers regarding the availability of their products. Use of the listed email addresses for marketing or other such purposes is strictly prohibited.
- RAW MILK CONSUMERS PLEASE NOTE: This list of raw milk sources probably represents only a portion of the raw milk producers in your state. For additional raw milk sources, contact your local Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader.
- RAW MILK PRODUCERS PLEASE NOTE: The FDA and State Agencies have discovered this list and sometimes use it for their own purposes, so exercise caution with your listing. If you choose not to have a listing, make sure your local WAPF Chapter Leader has your name for referrals.
- USDA, FDA and STATE AG AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Raw milk is Nature’s perfect food and is extremely important for the developing brains and nervous systems of infants and children. Furthermore, in many children not fortunate enough to have started life on raw milk, raw milk given later in childhood has improved autism, behavior problems, frequent infections, deafness, asthma and allergies and other serious health conditions. Please bear in mind that any move you make to stop or hinder a raw dairy operation will actually HARM, not help the infants and children who rely on that milk, and may make it difficult for all children to obtain this milk in the future–including your own children and grandchildren. An interruption in supply can be VERY detrimental to a growing infant or sick child who has no other options. Read for yourself on our Testimonials page. If you are concerned about safety, rest assured. In the farm-to-consumer distribution model, the farmer receives timely and relevant feedback directly from the customers, something that farmers selling bulk milk never receive. Raw milk is actually the safest food around with so much consumer oversight and also with an extremely efficient built-in anti-pathogen mechanism! If you are concerned about rules, then consider investing the same amount of time you’d spend persecuting a raw milk farmer into advocating for supportive raw milk legislation.
- LISTING SOURCES: The listings here are provided by people who discover sources of real milk in their communities and tell us about them. If you discover a listed supplier is no longer providing real milk, please tell us about it by following the instructions on the Add, Update, or Remove a Listing page. We trust our members and consumers to check out each farm to make sure it is clean and that the cows are mostly pasture fed.
Statewide–Private Buying Clubs:
- Clearview Valley Farm: an Amish family farm in Quarryville, PA, that can ship directly to your door. Offering grassfed food nationwide at www.clearviewvalleyfarm.com or feel free to contact the farmer directly at 717-786-0877 or email Abnerlapp@gmail.com. All the products are free of chemicals, soy, antibiotics and hormones, They sell 100 percent raw A2 cows milk from Jersey cows, 15 different kinds of cheese, butter, yogurt, kefir, heavy cream, and sour cream. Raw goat and sheep milk. Soy-free pastured eggs, (brown and blue-green). 100 percent grassfed beef and veal. Pork, lamb, turkey, rabbit, and chicken. Sausage, steaks, bone broths, ground meats, and jerky. A private membership association. Contact them to become a member.
- Meadow Ridge Farm: phone: 717-530-5999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; web: myrealfoods.com/
MeadowRidgeFarm. A private membership club only, with delivery sites in southern NY (including NYC and LI), NJ, CT, MD, northern WV, eastern OH, and northern and eastern VA. Free delivery on more than 350 products to any of their delivery sites. To start a new delivery site in your area, call farmer Merv directly. All products are produced in the Weston A. Price traditions, employing practices that are organic, sustainable, humane, and environmentally conscious, and completely free of soy, hormones, GMOs and antibiotics. Their extensive list of products include the following: 100 percent grassfed Devon beef and lamb. Raw A2 milk from 100 percent grassfed Jersey cows; 12 varieties of raw milk cow cheeses, cottage cheese, yogurt, cream, butter, and kefir, all made with raw A2 milk. Raw goat milk, cheeses, butter, yogurt, kefir, their custom probiotic goat drink, as well as pastured goat meat. Camel milk; sheep milk and cheeses. Pastured chicken, pork, turkey, and duck. Free range chicken and duck eggs. Nutrient dense bone broth from beef, chicken, turkey, lamb and duck. Crispy nuts; breads, brownies, granola and bars; potato chips; fermented kimchi, sauerkraut; beet kvass, kombucha; cabbage juice tonic, pickles, ginger ale, ketchup, grape cooler, homemade super tonic, beets, ginger carrots, and mayonnaise; raw honey and maple syrup; wild-caught salmon and haddock; raw cow and goat milk ice creams; Green Pasture Blue Ice Oils; homemade goat milk soaps, and much more. They also offer insulated/ice-packed FedEx Ground shipping of their goat/lamb meat and goat dairy products only. To view their entire list of products, ingredients, prices and delivery sites, simply go to their ordering site and click on the “Join” button to register and to learn more about their food buying club.
- Miller’s Biodiversity Farm: Aaron Miller, 523 Valley Road, Quarryville, PA, 17566. Phone: 717-786-7895, Email: email@example.com, Web: www.millersbiofarm.com. 100 percent grassfed and 100 percent A2/A2 milk. Real nutrient-dense products directly from the farmer and his family of farms. Have your order shipped in the mail to your home. Reduced prices for on-farm pickup and free delivery for pickup locations along PA/MD border. Open to establishing new pickup locations. Willing to be a vendor at your workshop or conference. Products: raw grassfed cow and goat milk and dairy products; pasture raised meats – beef, pork, and soy-free poultry, soy-free fertile pastured eggs, tallow, pork fat, lard, beef and chicken stocks, cultured vegetables, homemade breads and gluten-free baked goods, soaked/dried nuts and seeds, raw honey, maple syrup, kombucha, beet kvass. No membership required. Raw milk only available in PA. Visit millersbiofarm.com to shop now. They guarantee customer service and product quality.
Anne Arundel County:
- Pastured/Grassfed Meats and Raw Dairy: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: https://www.farmmatch.com/GOTH, Raw cow, goat, sheep and camel milk and milk products–cream, butter, cheeses, yogurt, kefir, smoothies and much more. GMO-free, soy-free chicken, duck and geese. Soy-free chicken eggs. GMO-free, heritage breed, pastured pork. Grassfed beef and lamb. Sustainable, wild-caught fish. Homemade kombuchas, breads, nut butters, fermented foods, pantry items and more. Private buying club. Please provide your full name and reason for wanting to join in your inquiry. Also serving the areas of Davidsonville, Millersville, and Severna Park.
- Rocky Ridge Club: web: https://www.farmmatch.com/rockyridgeclub. Delivers each Thursday. Grassfed fresh cow milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, kefir, ice cream. Goat and sheep fresh milk and other products. Lamb and wild caught fish. Grassfed beef, milk fed pork, soy-free chicken and duck eggs and meat. Gluten free and regular baked goods and prepared meals, fresh produce and fermented foods. Organic fresh milled flour and honey. Products from PA and MD farmers. Private buying club, please provide your full name, how you heard about us and why you want to join to: RockyRidgeClubDC@yahoo.com.
Buttercup Farm: The Zook Family, phone: 717-548-2982, web: www.buttercupfarmgrassfed.com. An Amish family farm in Quarryville, PA. They deliver to Elkridge and other locations in Maryland weekly. Produce foods according to Weston A. Price standards. They offer: grassfed raw A2 milk, kefir, yogurt, butter colostrum, cheese and homemade ice cream; 100 percent grassfed beef; hormone-free, soy-free chickens and eggs, a menu of fermented vegetables, fresh produce, and additional snacks. They take time with their customers, and are willing to help you with any food allergies or staying chemical-free and more. Call or send an email through the Contact Us page on their website.
- Linthicum: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above.
- Severn: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above.
- Grassfed Beef & Dairy, A2 certified dairy and dairy products, goat milk, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, and more from pastured animals via a private buying club.
- Federal Hill: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above under Elkridge (Anne Arundel County).
- Roland Park: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above under Elkridge (Anne Arundel County).
- Catonsville: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above under Elkridge (Anne Arundel County).
- Parkville: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above under Elkridge (Anne Arundel County).
- Pikesville: Buttercup Farm: offers a pickup location here. See full listing above under Elkridge (Anne Arundel County).
- Towson: Grassfed Beef & Dairy, A2 certified dairy and dairy products, goat milk, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, and more from pastured animals via a private buying club.
- Dunkirk: Snyder Homestead Farm, 2120 Welchpoole Ct. Dunkirk, MD 20754, MydaMae Snyder, phone: 301-928-9185, email: email@example.com. Grassfed Jersey cows offered non-GMO alfalfa hay and/or non-GMO grain at milking time. Milk is labeled and sold as raw pet milk. Fresh eggs, pastured poultry, pork, raw honey and seasonal fresh produce also available. Co-op for Bread Beckers Inc. offering organic grains, the sale of Nutrimill-Bosch grain mills and mixers to aid in making nutrient dense food.
- Sunderland: Prosperity Acres, Mary Bowen, 5811 Sunderland Court Sunderland, MD 20689, phone: 443-964-4972, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.prosperityacres.com. State certified to sell raw Nubian and Alpine goat milk for pet consumption. They are on pasture with grass and hay and they get non-GMO grain at milking time.
- email: email@example.com 100 percent grassfed dairy. Raw milk, cheese, cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, etc. Raw goat milk products, too. Also, pasture raised organic poultry and eggs. Woodland raised pork. No antibiotics or hormones used. No soy. Homemade fermented foods and prepared foods, such as; mustard, breads, tomato juice, granola, pizza sauce, etc. Private buying club. Please give your full name and reason for wanting to join.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private membership association farm has drop off points in the area. They offer real milk and milk products from their organically managed, 100 percent grassfed Jersey cows, camel, and water buffalo. They also have pastured sheep and goat milk products. They have 100 percent grassfed beef and lamb, pastured pork, chicken, and turkey. Their eggs are from pastured hens. They also offer soy-free chicken and eggs, as well as soy-free pork. They have a full line of fermented food and beverages, along with local honey, and soap made with their pastured pork lard. Please email them for membership forms and/or to schedule a farm tour.
- Hughesville: phone: 301-274-9031; email: email@example.com. Raw goat milk available for pet consumption or soap making. Goats are fed browse, alfalfa hay, and organic (soy-free) goat rations. Also eggs from free-range hens supplemented with organic (soy-free) feed. All animals are raised without chemicals or hormones. Registered Alpine kids for sale.
- Frederick, Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing below under Gaithersburg (Montgomery County).
- Ijamsville, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private buying club serves this area. See full listing above under Carroll County.
- Mount Airy: Happy Moon Farm, Megan Schneebaum, 13344 Bottom Rd. Mount Airy, MD 21771, phone: 301-829-2402, email: email@example.com, web: happymoonfarm. Grassfed Jersey cows are raised on pasture and eat organically grown grass and organic hay only, with an occasional treat of fermented alfalfa at milking time. A2/A2 milk, labelled and sold as pet milk, glass half gallons. Other organically raised/pastured farm products available seasonally. Limited availability and purchases by appointment only, please call or email to schedule pickup.
- Columbia/Elkridge: Pastured/Grassfed Meats and Dairy, serves these areas. See their full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Dayton: Hensing’s Hill Top Acres, (serves Ellicott City/Columbia area), Kelly Hensing, 14204 Triadelphia Mill Rd. Dayton, MD 21036, phone: 704-293-4126, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.hensingfarm.com. They are currently milking Jersey cows that roam the pastures, eat grass and hay and get a treat of non-GMO grain at milking time. The milk is labeled and sold as pet milk. Also raised at the farm is woodland and pastured pork, free-range chicken and duck (meat and eggs available), turkeys, lamb and 100 percent grassfed beef. More information and prices are on the website under “Contact Us”.
- Elkridge: Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Ellicott City: Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing below under Gaithersburg (Montgomery County).
- Fulton: Grassfed Beef & Dairy, A2 certified dairy and dairy products, goat milk, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, and more from pastured animals via a private buying club.
- Bethesda: Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing directly below.
- Gaithersburg: Sunny Crest Pastures: email: email@example.com, web: www.sunnycrestpastures.com. Grassfed meats and dairy: Raw dairy, beef, pork, chicken, eggs and more. GMO-free, soy-free. homemade fermented foods, kombucha, kefir, yogurt. Produce in season, no pesticides, GMO-free, private buying club. Please leave full name and reason for wanting membership. Additional Maryland drop points in Bethesda, Olney, Rockville, and Frederick.
- Kensington area: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private buying club serves this area. See full listing above under Carroll County.
- Olney: Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing above under Gaithersburg.
- Grassfed Beef & Dairy, A2 certified dairy and dairy products, goat milk, beef, pork, chicken, eggs, and more from pastured animals via a private buying club.
- Sunny Crest Pastures, serves this area. See listing above under Gaithersburg.
- Silver Spring/Takoma Park:
- Pastured/Grassfed Meats and Dairy, serves this area. See their full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Silver Spring, Softwine LLC: phone: 301-754-1128, email: email@example.com, web: http://www.softwine.press/, tours by appointment, accessible by public transportation. This is a research project that provides authentic Maryland goat milk to a select, discreet, discerning, group of people. Give consideration to the content on the softwine.press website within the context of information provided on this realmilk.com website. Early adopters will be called upon to make an investment of time and money which they will have an opportunity to turn a profit on. Project is run in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and county laws and regulations. Inquiries welcome.
Prince George’s County:
- Beltsville/College Park: Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Bowie/College Park/Greenbelt/Hyattsville: Pastured/Grassfed Meats and Dairy, serves these areas. See their full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Brandywine: P. A. Bowen Farmstead, Sally Fallon Morell and Geoffrey Morell, 15701 Doctor Bowen Road Brandywine, MD 20613; phone: 301-579-2727; web: pabowenfarmstead.com. Raw blue and cheddar cheese from pastured cows, by cheesemaker Sally Fallon Morell. Raw pet milk. Pastured pork, eggs, poultry, and beef. Turkeys at Thanksgiving. All rations are corn/soy free. Farm tours every Saturday at 11 am. Store hours are Thurs., Fri. and Sat. 10 am -6 pm. Buying clubs welcome.
Queen Anne’s County:
- Kent Island: Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
St. Mary’s County:
- Charlotte Hall: Slippery Slope Farm; phone: 301-934-3849; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Raw goat and cow milk for pet consumption. Yogurt, kefir, and cheeses available. Brown eggs from free-range, nesting hens. All animals are raised without chemicals or hormones. Registered Nigerian Dwarf, Mini-Nubian, and Pygora kids for sale. The goats are highly socialized so they also make great pets. Old English Bantam chicks for sale.
- Gapland: Caprikorn Farms LLC, Alice Orzechowski, 20312 Townsend Road Gapland, MD 21779; phone: 301-304-4803; email: email@example.com; web: kidslovegoatmilk.com. Goats are raised in a completely natural manner, using no artificial growth hormones. The farm’s artisan goat cheeses are hand-crafted in farmstead tradition. Products include raw goat milk cheddars, gouda, and feta, and pasteurized fresh and flavored chevres. Voted best cheese by Baltimore Magazine in 2012.
- Salisbury: Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).
- Berlin/Ocean City: Rocky Ridge Club, delivers to this area. See full listing above under Annapolis (Anne Arundel County).